Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone. ever since i upgraded my computer and used ai suite2 to OC ive been having so much trouble. i have never manually overclocked before and i would love to learn ive been trying to read as much about it as possible.

my pc specs are
CPU - i5-2500k
heatsink - noctua NH-D14
motherboard - Asus p8z68-v-le
gpu - radeon HD 5870
ram - g.skill ripjaws 8g (4gx2)ddr 1600
PSU - thermaltake toughpower 875W
main hard drive - ssd kingston 128gig sata2
games hard drive - WD black 1tb. + 2 more 1tb storage

during prime95 blend tests my computer will freeze, no errors or anything just freeze and i have to restart my computer.
using the ai suite2, i used auto and fast setting.
at 4.3ghz with 1.312vcore and 67C max temp it lasted about 11 mins before freezing. i pushed extreme to do see and it went to 4.8ghz but some thing crazy like 1.48vcore if i remember correctly and froze after 1min or less on the blend test, didn't get to see temp

im sorry im not sure what other info u would need to be able to help me, but any advice would be very welcome.even just a point in the right direction since there is so much on this site.

perhaps if i was able to manually OC. kinda annoying buying a 95dollar fan if i can even oc to 4.3 :/

thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ty for replys.

just a question though. should my computer be freezing? i mean i just did the blend test again at 4.3ghz it lasted 32mins before freezing max temp was 69c and vcore max was 1.32. also at that oc should i be getting 69c with the cpu cooler i have?

i kinda wish i had the older school bios menu. the asus one is confusing to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts