Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At Microcenter, they have a sale for a 256MB 9800PRO for $230? Get this or a 6800 Vanilla for $300 there?
I was gunna buy the 6800 vanilla but after I heard this it sounds like a great deal. Buy it or not?

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by computerfreak1047

someone anser my posts. peopel anser other people's posts bunt ot imine any more how come?

Because you have asked the same question over and over again. Myself and a few others have put forth the same answers every time. I am not trying to be rude, and I totally understand having a hard time making a large purchase, but I don't know what else to tell you man. I don't see the point in paying $230 for a 2 year old card when you can pay $250 for a brand new 6800. Makes no sense.

Edit: and you also might want to wait more than 25 minutes for an answer.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Quote:

At Microcenter, they have a sale for a 256MB 9800PRO for $230? Get this or a 6800 Vanilla for $300 there?
I was gunna buy the 6800 vanilla but after I heard this it sounds like a great deal. Buy it or not?

Sorry for not having answered in less than 20 minutes :-\\

I agree with Lando, 230 for a 2 yr old card...as good a deal as it sounds, the 6800 will make you happier.

And this is coming from an ATI fan.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Microcenter seems like a good place at first, I say checkout newegg.com.
I would recommend getting the SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON 9800PRO Video Card for $288.00 from Newegg. I am stating to check newegg.com under video cards, look for a 256MB card with what you like and purchase it there.

As for me turning you away from Microcenter, I build my PC from their and spent $1400, if I would have used newegg it would have been a little over $800 for the same parts including shipping.

Edit: Ok, I don't know vid cards, but still don't use microcenter, thye will result in a massive loss of money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts