Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an EVGA GTX 260 CORE 216 and a BFG MAXCORE 55 and wanted to know what drivers i should have and if i need this SLI enhancement stuff. Pure and simple i just wanna run my games as smoothly and sexy as i can. I play MW2*, MW1, UT3, Dead Space, Crysis (which i hate i just use to see how powerful my machine is but i think its an AWFUL game and the AI is *****), GOW, Need for Speed Shift*, Mass Effect 2 and RE5.

Those are a few. So make those run awesomeness and i will give you some virtual pie. Half now

http://www.lovescool.com/uploads/200...anpie_half.gif

half LATER!

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
Hi there, also running GTX260's in SLI. Both from XFX.

I would suggest using the 196.75 if you can find them or the next recent ones after these. (Nvidia took them off due to fan control issues.)

Once you find and install these drivers I would set a custom fan speed ( I use 95%. Got used to the noise now.
)

Also, download and install "Rivatuner". You can use it to overclock and set fan speeds and it also comes coupled with "D3D Overider" Which you can set Vysnc and triple buffering settings for any application on your computer. I use it on all my games except CSS (due to noticeable input lag)

These settings with stop any stuttering you will likely get from using dual GPU's on games like MW2 (especially noticeable when you strafe and look around using the mouse)

I hope I helped and let me know how it all went.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crooksy
View Post

I would suggest using the 196.75 if you can find them or the next recent ones after these. (Nvidia took them off due to fan control issues.)

Once you find and install these drivers I would set a custom fan speed ( I use 95%. Got used to the noise now.
)

Also, download and install "Rivatuner". You can use it to overclock and set fan speeds and it also comes coupled with "D3D Overider" Which you can set Vysnc and triple buffering settings for any application on your computer. I use it on all my games except CSS (due to noticeable input lag)

These settings with stop any stuttering you will likely get from using dual GPU's on games like MW2 (especially noticeable when you strafe and look around using the mouse)

did what you said and in the d3d part what exact things should i check/ uncheck. also i am going to refer you to another thread i started take a look at my 3d mark scores. it makes NO sense why they should be this low.

http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/...ificantly.html

also, if there were issues with the drivers should i really install them? or was it only for sc2 beta or something. i would also like to be able to run my fans on auto to be honest and not have to fuss with them. i am going to bed soon so i will most likely get back to you in the A.M. (i live in NY). thanks for all your help man and look forward to hearing your take on whats going on with the link i posted.

P.S. here is the rest of your virtual pie. Hope it was good:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/193/4...7be637.jpg?v=0

god i am so not funny but i seem to think thats hilarious!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
196.21 work great for me!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iching
View Post

196.21 work great for me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crooksy
View Post

ihave 196.34 its a beta should i keep this?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
nah leave 196.34 and go for 196.21 it got the physX with it so go for it, and after that you can find the SLI enhancement from EVGA http://www.evga.com/articles/00463/ to get more eye candy BUT I WANT SOME OF THAT PIE

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
btw if you usually push you cards fans to 100% while gaming i think you should try 196.75 drivers, am using it also many guyz using it too and its working great but fan must be controlled manually.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts