Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

New to the forums and new to overclocking.

I just built my system and I am wondering if I should be getting better temperatures with my corsair H60 and OC 2600k.

With a 4.8GHZ overclock at 1.4v, an ambient temperature of 23C (~74F), and a push/pull intake setup on the H60, I am averaging 75C after a full hour of prime95 torture. The hottest it ever gets is 78C. I understand there are different definitions of "full load" so I am a bit confused by all the temps people are posting. Thanks for your time and patience.

Processor: 2600K OC to 4.8GHZ at 1.4v
Mobo: Asus P8P7 Delux
Ram: Corsair Vengance 8gb 1866
Graphics: 2 x SLI MSI GTX 560Ti
Cooler: Corsair H60 Push/Pull Intake
PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w
Case: Cooler Master CM 690 Advance
SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120gb
HD: Samsung Spinpoint 1tb

Thanks,

Tom

·
Premium Member
5,306 Posts
Prime 95 is "full load". Anything that uses 100% of the CPU is full.

Can't comment on your temps though. I use a different cooler and much less voltage.

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
those temps seem about right to me

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My airflow is a bit jacked up because I wasnt sure if I should do an intake or exhaust setup with the H60. I have one 140mm intake in front, two 120mm exhausts on top, and the H60 blowing air in from the back.

·
Premium Member
9,511 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nartmot
View Post

Sorry about that. I will edit my original post to include it.

Add your system here and it will show in your sig

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You guys are awesome. I was just looking for a little reassurance that I didn't do anything wrong during my first build (in a long time). I haven't spent this much money on something in a LONG time so it drives me nuts to think that something may not be PERFECT. Thanks to everyone who provided input.

Tom

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
1.4v is usually what 4.8 needs to run at for most peoples chips. If you can lower the voltages your temps will also be lowered. 4.8+ clocks start to require a lot of volts.

You will get about 5-10c lower with the D14 depending on your ambient, i just switched out my H70 for the D14 and i was extremely surprised. Doesn't break 70 on load now. Mind you i only bench at night, stressing in the day in New Mexico is pretty dumb ambient way too high. Those are good temps for the H70 but you can get better with the D14 or comparable air solutions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the tip. I don't think I will be OCing any higher than 4.8ghz so the H60 suits my needs just fine for now. If I decide to try and squeeze a little more out of the 2600k, I will definitely look into the D14.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
If you wanna try and squeeze a bit more out of it try a rasa kit with an rx rad. You will get better results. Especially with the temps you will experience at 5.0

1 - 18 of 18 Posts