Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
27GN950 - 3840x2160 160fps HDR600 (800USD)

C49G95T - 5120x1440 240fps hdr1000 (1500USD)

PG27UQ - 3840x2160 144fps hdr1000 FALD 384 (1100USD - on ebay around 900)

PG32UQX - 3840x2160 144fps hdr1400 FALD 1152 miniled (3600USD)

Also sure analog to Asus from Acer (X27 etc), & bestbuy ratio cost/quality Samsung C27G75T 2560x1440 240fps hdr600 (600USD).

Ineteresting your`s opinion.

Welcome!

·
Premium Member
8,459 Posts
No competition; the PG32UQX. But there is no way it's coming out by summer. I'm thinking Q4 at the very earliest with 1H 2021 the likeliest.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if pg32uqx is not here by September I might just buy a 8k Tele.
LG OLED C9 and E9 and CX exactly a very good, better then any desktop monitor for HDR games.
But I need pixel density, I'm sitting point-blank to the table. 55'' size is huge.

·
Registered
653 Posts
LG OLED C9 and E9 and CX exactly a very good, better then any desktop monitor for HDR games.
But I need pixel density, I'm sitting point-blank to the table. 55'' size is huge.
I agree about this. A lot of people talk about TVs like the C9 as if they are here to replace everyones display. But I feel like they are completely ignoring that most people looking for a monitor aren't sitting at least 6 feet away from their desk.

Yes, its a pretty screen, yes its amazingly priced for what it is, and yes its huge. But the problem is the size, and I don't to be cranking my neck to look at it. And I have a 34 inch UW for my main display, and some people complain that 34 inch is too big. (Its not, it really not that big.)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Keep the C9 for games and an secondary VESA mounted monitor for all your desktop needs, that's what I do. I'm not sure why this is so difficult, most people have been running dual displays for years already. I absolutely agree that 55" is far too big and not practical as a desktop monitor, but if you aren't going to at least do something to include an OLED in your setup then you are hugely missing out on an awesome gaming experience.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I already have a C9 the PG32UQX would be replacing my current pc monitor. not the Oled and I switch between oled and pc monitor atm.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Keep the C9 for games and an secondary VESA mounted monitor for all your desktop needs, that's what I do. I'm not sure why this is so difficult, most people have been running dual displays for years already. I absolutely agree that 55" is far too big and not practical as a desktop monitor, but if you aren't going to at least do something to include an OLED in your setup then you are hugely missing out on an awesome gaming experience.
Because its not logical to sacrifice comfort and forcefully fit a tv of that size just because "OLED".

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Because its not logical to sacrifice comfort and forcefully fit a tv of that size just because "OLED".
Lol i find not doing that isn't logical but ok. We all got different opinions.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Lol i find not doing that isn't logical but ok. We all got different opinions.
Its not opinion. Its situational. A 55 inch tv is meant to be viewed from a distance, not 2 feet away. And oled isn't a driving factor as to whether to put a tv on a computer desk. If I spent most of my gaming time on console or only played games that required a controller, then sure a 55 inch television would be a pretty good idea, because then you have the option of sitting back far enough to enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Its not opinion. Its situational. A 55 inch tv is meant to be viewed from a distance, not 2 feet away. And oled isn't a driving factor as to whether to put a tv on a computer desk. If I spent most of my gaming time on console or only played games that required a controller, then sure a 55 inch television would be a pretty good idea, because then you have the option of sitting back far enough to enjoy it.
Meh I'm saying that if you wanted to, you could make it work. But you're saying that you wouldn't because it's not practical for you. I don't use my OLED at 2 feet away, I have corsair lapboard with a wireless KB/M that lets me sit further away from the screen and I simply push my VESA mounted monitor out the way. I also have an Xbox controller I can use for it. OLED may not be a driving factor for you, but it sure as hell is for me. Opinions, situations, whatever. If you don't want to do it that's fine I'm just throwing in my 2 cents.

·
Overclocker
11,347 Posts
27GN950 - 3840x2160 160fps HDR600 (800USD) if you can even buy it, if it has reasonable contrast and $800 for a 27" is steep
C49G95T - 5120x1440 240fps hdr1000 (1500USD) :thumbsdow
PG27UQ - 3840x2160 144fps hdr1000 FALD 384 (1100USD - on ebay around 900) :thumbsdow only 27" at that price
PG32UQX - 3840x2160 144fps hdr1400 FALD 1152 miniled (3600USD) :thumb: but the price is :thumbsdow as you could buy 3x 55" 4k120 OLED TV instead.
C27G75T - 2560x1440 240fps hdr600 (600USD) :thumbsdow

Most of these are not even sold yet.

It is hard to justify spending $1k on a monitor when that's a price of a 55" 4k120 OLED TV.
The monitor makers need to get realistic with their pricing first. There is competition not only from monitors at these high prices.

·
mfw
8,626 Posts
C27G75T - 2560x1440 240fps hdr600 (600USD) :thumbsdow:
Samsung need to stop pretending their VA's are good enough for anything higher than 120Hz. Even their newest panels are chugging along with a lot of 30+ ms transitions. I can't imagine anyone interested in 240Hz would stomach the constant smearing.

·
Overclocker
11,347 Posts
Samsung need to stop pretending their VA's are good enough for anything higher than 120Hz. Even their newest panels are chugging along with a lot of 30+ ms transitions. I can't imagine anyone interested in 240Hz would stomach the constant smearing.
The overdrive can be done for a VA, but even the AUO VA has variance where some units smear blacks and other do not... lottery of how fast the panel is or how good the OD tuning is for that specific unit of the panel.
Samsung did some decent OD on VA TVs but probably not yet on any of their monitors. The curve alone is a no go, it's Samsung's never ending attempt to improve viewing angles of their VA monitors by "bending" them and thus warping/distorting everything, it really looked like middle is flat and then they made two bends to curve the sides, it was far from a nice uniform cylindrical curve which I'm not sure many people even know.

240 Hz on a VA, they've been pushing 200 Hz before, obviously VA overall is kind of IPS like in transition times for bright colors so it will struggle the same way to keep up but fail with the blacks quite likely.

It is really hard to justify expensive monitors when there are OLED 4k120 TVs from 1k USD/EUR. The difference between LCD and LED is huge.

If it was an OLED/QLED/anyLED 27"+ 2560x1440p240 HDR600 for 600 USD/EUR, get it. Why even ask. But that will still take a few years before we see those and they will most likely be 4k at that point with GPUs more capable to drive 4k.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I don't know how accurate this is, but the table in this link shows much faster transitions. Have you seen other tests?

https://hardforum.com/threads/samsung-odyssey-49-5120x1440-240-hz-hdr1000.1991227/page-2#post-1044650551

Seems better than the last lot of Samsung VA panels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=MaWGuIZUtZI&feature=emb_logo

·
Overclocker
11,347 Posts
Yes but that may finally be the first VA monitors that don't smear blacks. That is if they at the same time didn't turn the contrast to 2000:1 or below as they liked to in the past to make the transitions faster via raised black level.
People have been burned by Samsung VA and other VAs over and over, always this new one, this new one this time! and so on.
Believe it when it's a reputable 3rd party measured retail unit or I see it.

If it's curved then Samsung can send it to the scrapyard for all I care because I don't want it.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Samsungs TV's have had great motion for a while now. It's about time it trickled down to their monitor panels. What would be even better is if the static contrast of their TV panels trickled down as well. The Samsung Frame hit 8100:1 static contrast this year. That's insane.

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
$3600 for 32" is insane.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts