Overclock.net banner

290x Crossfire Vsync on or off?

403 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Cyber Locc 
#1 ·
So I observed something strange when playing battlefield with my crossfire setup, with vsync on the FPS can drop down to the high 40s and never staying locked at 60 like it should but with it off it can go all the way up to 200fps at times but staying more around the 120 mark, so is it a good idea with a crossfire setup just to run all games without vsync or is this just a battlefield thing?

#2 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton577 View Post

So I observed something strange when playing battlefield with my crossfire setup, with vsync on the FPS can drop down to the high 40s and never staying locked at 60 like it should but with it off it can go all the way up to 200fps at times but staying more around the 120 mark, so is it a good idea with a crossfire setup just to run all games without vsync or is this just a battlefield thing?
I run crossfire with Vsync on and do not have those issues in games that I play, I rarely play BF4 though and can concur hearing this issue before not just with CF but with SLI as well.

Its the games issue not crossfires, However I have noticed that alot of people seem to think it only affects windows 8/8.1 and doesn't happen in 7. However it would appear its also present in windows 10 as that's what you are using?

If you google BF4 Vsync issue you will find a whole heap of people posting about it, also since it is a FPS game I would advise not using Vsync anyway as it adds input lag.

Hope this helps have a good one
thumb.gif

#3 ·
Thanks for the help, after seeing this i tested and it seems just two games i found have issues with vsync (well 3 but i count BF hardline as a bf4 addon) BF4 has issues with vsync on and GTA 5 has issues with Vsync off as well as Titanfall too now that i think about it but titanfall has to many issues with CF anyway so i disabled it.

#4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton577 View Post

Thanks for the help, after seeing this i tested and it seems just two games i found have issues with vsync (well 3 but i count BF hardline as a bf4 addon) BF4 has issues with vsync on and GTA 5 has issues with Vsync off as well as Titanfall too now that i think about it but titanfall has to many issues with CF anyway so i disabled it.
Ya CF can be a gamble and sometimes its better to turn it off
smile.gif
, A game for game basis is most likely the best option as you have found thats pretty much what I do as I dont mind the lag. Glad I could be of assistance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.