Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Eh, Wha?
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am irked - I have been waiting a good week and a half for newegg to restock their BFG GTX295 H2Os only to log on today and be greeted with a product deactivation notice. Furthermore I cannot find this product on any other site, not even BFG's own store (although their main site still advertises this product o.0)

I can't tell if this is a temporary shortage or an indefinite and global deactivation of this product. BFG is really the only Nvidia partner I trust to make a quality card and support it well but if it can be confirmed that this product will not be restocked soon I am willing to make the switch to another company.

Bottom line - I need a good liquid cooled 295 and I would really rather not install the waterblock myself. Please help.

·
Eh, Wha?
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

...and now my ram is out of stock too? D:

·
Eh, Wha?
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump for some help ._.

·
Banned
5,890 Posts
Wait 24hrs between bumps, it's in the TOS.

As for your actual problem, installing a waterblock isn't hard at all. Not to mention buying the block + card will be cheaper then buying a card with the block already installed

·
Premium Member
17,206 Posts
I know you said you don't want to do this, but just buy the card and block separately. It's really easy to install blocks.

·
Registered
798 Posts
umm, If they don't have them on newegg or even BFG's website I don't know what to say. Installing a waterblock is really easy. Just take off the heatsink by taking out like 5 or 10 screws. Then clean off the thermal past with rubbing alcohol. apply a bb size dot of new thermal paste. then put the waterblock in and screw it down. and your set

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Doesn't Evga have an H2O version of the 295? But. as other stated, just install a block yourself. Its just a matter of using a screwdriver.

·
Eh, Wha?
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've searched other companies for 295's with waterblocks preinstalled... couldn't find a single one actually being sold. As for installing one myself... on a normal card sure i'd have no problem but on one of the sandwich style cards it looks like a HUGE pain, not to mention voiding the warranty on such an expensive piece of hardware.

·
Eh, Wha?
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAND0M1ZER
View Post

I know evga's water cooled version of the 9800 gx2 was limited edition.

I would really hate if that turned out to be the case with all the 295 water cooled versions... However BFG has a long tradition of water cooled versions of their top cards... That said the 295 h2o isn't even so much as listed on the bfgstore site and deactivated on newegg (not just listed as out of stock). It's still advertised on their main page though and I've never heard of BFG making limited edition H2O edition cards. I am ever so confused ._.

·
Premium Member
17,206 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero4549
View Post

I've searched other companies for 295's with waterblocks preinstalled... couldn't find a single one actually being sold. As for installing one myself... on a normal card sure i'd have no problem but on one of the sandwich style cards it looks like a HUGE pain, not to mention voiding the warranty on such an expensive piece of hardware.

It's really easy to do.

·
Eh, Wha?
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marin
View Post

It's really easy to do.

Well I suppose it would give me something to use the rest of my IC Diamond on... And It would save me a few bucks and if I don't epic fail at thermal paste application the Diamond DOES beat the AS5 typically on the bfg h2o series cards. Still leaves me voiding the (lifetime! >.<) warranty and trade-up program though. which I suppose I'd likely end up doing anyway overclocking the thing but that's a bit easier to hide if i have to RMA XD. I'll consider it but I'd really rather not if I don't have to.

·
Banned
5,890 Posts
If the card dies, just put the stock heatsink back on and don't tell them anything
What they don't know won't kill them.

·
Eh, Wha?
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by reberto View Post
If the card dies, just put the stock heatsink back on and don't tell them anything
What they don't know won't kill them.
=p fairly sure they tape check the things for exactly that, or at least I would. But yeah I'd try it anyway! Also that's why I'm comfortable overclocking - that can be hidden very easily

·
Eh, Wha?
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well.... My ram still isn't in stock (although thankfully it hasn't been deactivated) so i guess I'll just wait till then and see what happens with the 295 h2o... I'm almost tempted to go with a pair of 260 maxcore's and add blocks to em for even better performance for similar price and no wait but then I remember that I wanted the 295 for a reason - scalability! With a pci-e slot already taken by my sound card I only have two to work with and adding a second 295 for quad sli would be an amazing upgrade path comp[aired to replacing two maxcores with two of whatever is a good deal later.... or so I would think.

·
Banned
5,890 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero4549
View Post

=p fairly sure they tape check the things for exactly that, or at least I would. But yeah I'd try it anyway! Also that's why I'm comfortable overclocking - that can be hidden very easily

They don't

1 - 19 of 19 Posts