Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
PNY RTX 3090, 8700K @ 5ghz, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the latest 8.11 RC1's installed. Gaming performance is perfectly fine, however I noticed that my 2D performance seems a lot worse than when I had my 8800GTS G92. Smooth scrolling on FF3 isn't that smooth at all. I have iTunes + Multi Plugin installed, and the window is semi-transparent. Moving it around the desktop is rather choppy, and ups my GPU usage to about 75%.

This is surprising, really. I'm pretty sure it was the same case with the 8.10 hotfix drivers as well, since I did go through installing those while getting my card set up.

Anybody else been having desktop/2D related performance issues with XP32 Catalyst drivers?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
reformat the hard drive! i do that like once a year lol.

of course anything important is on my storage drive which i havent reformatted since i bought it so i'm good

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by grunion View Post
I've never been able to get FF to run smoothly with my ATI cards.
IDK what the problem is, this has been across multiple drivers and formats, 32/64 bit, XP/Vista.

If you find a fix, lemme know...please

Yeah sure thing, if I find one.

While I certainly don't have any buyer's remorse about my card, this IS one of the few things I do miss about my old 8800GTS G92: 2D performance. My other gripe is that alt-tabbing out of games isn't as snappy as it was on my Nvidia.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It did for me too. Excellent drivers, these 8.12's. Even on XP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts