1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Windows Vista SP2 6002.16497 32 Bit

Quote:
Vista SP2 Beta 113 - 32Bit

Here's the latest chance to scratch that Beta, cutting edge, unreleased code itch, with our weighty, 300MB download of the latest beta of Microsoft Vista's Service Pack 2.

The download on offer is extremely experimental, so it's highly recommended that you leave production machines alone. It's the latest on offer for Microsoft Beta subscribers, and it's 32-bit only. It also adds a beta software notification on your desktop, by the taskbar, and it will expire sometimes in early 2010, if it's not updated or removed by then.

Now that we've miserably failed to keep you informed on how dangerous and cutting edge this code is, you can hit the download links, right here: Windows Vista SP2 6002.16497 32 Bit.
TcMirror1.com

TcMirror2.com ** Recommended

TcMirror3.com

Source

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
yeah. not to mention it's 32-bit only... i'll pass. XP's SP3 left me with a very sour taste in my mouth - i could not install programs after that. what's the point of having a home user OS i can't install programs on?

·
Premium Member
18,611 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by -iceblade^
View Post

yeah. not to mention it's 32-bit only... i'll pass. XP's SP3 left me with a very sour taste in my mouth - i could not install programs after that. what's the point of having a home user OS i can't install programs on?

You must have been in a minority as SP3 for XP has worked on every PC i have installed it on...

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alex98uk
View Post

You must have been in a minority as SP3 for XP has worked on every PC i have installed it on...

no, i own a computer repair shop, and I have seen it ruin alot of XP installations. That includes mine on one of my workstations.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by {core2duo}werd
View Post

no, i own a computer repair shop, and I have seen it ruin alot of XP installations. That includes mine on one of my workstations.

Definitely haven't had many issues with SP3 at all and I work as a computer tech and we all update every computer to SP3. Sounds like something else is causing issues for you.

·
Premium Member
18,611 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by {core2duo}werd
View Post

Then your repair shop is donig something wrong as it works with 99% of people.

Not much of a repair shop if you merely break computers

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Great find, I heard decent things about this one including decreased boot times which has been my BIGGEST hate for Vista...

·
Premium Member
2,331 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I have seen several instances where installing it has completely rendered a machine useless. Only after talking with MS support and them walking through a SP3 removal did the machines work correctly again. There was obviously some incompatibility, however what that is is not certain. There are issues and while you may not have had them, they do exist so please do not attack someone with a post like that.

·
Premium Member
18,611 Posts
I was joking. I know it will have incompatibilities, but you hinted at the fact that SP3 was a bad service pack because you've had a bad experience.

·
Initializing...
23,790 Posts
I wouldn't trust this beta so im waiting for the full release.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by {core2duo}werd View Post
I usually format about 10 computers a week, all XP machines get SP3, then we install AV and VPN software for our network. I can guarantee you, any problem you are having is NOT something that most people see.

Also, any computer that comes past us we update to the latest service pack. I have never seen an issue with SP3 that was anything that could not be fixed in a matter of minutes.

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I was joking. I know it will have incompatibilities, but you hinted at the fact that SP3 was a bad service pack because you've had a bad experience.

umm, don't you think you're not going to have anything nice to say if you have a bad experience with a product?
. people hated Vista on release because it did not work for them, even though it was a good OS then, and they still dislike it even though it has improved. what works for you might not work for others.

your opinion is not the only one in the world, nor is it the only valid one.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
In the shop I work in we had lots of problems with Dell Latitude D620 and 630's and SP3 disks. We think the issue came from the sound driver. We ended up being able to get around it by slipstreaming the drivers in before the SP3 install. After we started to do that we have had very few problems with it.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Meh, its done it to 2 of my computers as well....

seems very rare

especially when a tech mate of mine has also had to repair a few comps after the SP3 virus.

It must be some compatability issue but i havnt had any problems with Vista or SP2 with this rig or the other one.

·
Premium Member
11,332 Posts
I'll wait for the normal release. I need 64 bit anyway

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
A lot of people had errors with XP SP3.

HP computers with AMD CPUs would go into an endless reboot...

That has been fixed now though...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts