Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Drive on the left is the 2TB problem drive. One on the Right is a 500GB perfectly working drive.
Look at the pin in the center, one is pushed in. I barley even pressed it, and it just fell right in. Does anyone know if this is serious? Possible fix?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
redface.gif

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
Can you point it out in the photo please... I am having a hard time seeing what you are toalinga bout? Is it he sata ports? If so, your boned.

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
6,141 Posts
whats the model number of the 2tb i would say you should be fine if the drive still works iv seen them before like that and they have worked with out any issues i wouldnt be to worried about it however if the drive isnt work properly you should send it back if it has a warranty

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
Can you get a closer picture for me please?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Best picture I could get.

I am running a HD Tune Pro Error Scan to see if it can pick anything up. Health checks out as "ok".
Quote:
Toshiba
Disk Drive MQ01UBB200
Drive Rev AZA AA00/AY000U
DC +5V 1.0A Date 05MAY2013
S/N 535ATJMOT YP3 HDKD00A01 T
8455MB (CYL16383,H16,S63)
2TB (LBA 3,907,029,168Sectors)
Hope that helps.

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
Does it mount?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It does mount. There was a issue once where it didn't. I thought the drive was dead until I moved the drive and reconnected it.

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
6,141 Posts
yeah i would say you should be fine iv seen this happen before with alot of other drives and they all perform with out any issues after but that is on most hard drives the label will say do not push on cover so probably best not to push on it at all lol

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's very good to hear! Thank you for your help!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts