Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, new on here, but... does anyone know if the 8800GTX has gone out of production? i can't find one anywhere, Im looking for another to SLI up with my current one.

its the OC by the way, not the OC2.

if its not available, could i SLI up a GTS with my GTX OC? or would this ruin everything? or make the GTX less effective by only using 512mb of it?

opinions and answers please! xD

·
Premium Member
8,612 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sLowEnd
View Post

It went out of production a long time ago

Oh and you can only SLI an 8800GTX with another 8800GTX

what he said

·
O.C.N'ng since '08
1,634 Posts
eBay, NewEgg/TigerDirect (maybe), Frys(maybe), NCIX(maybe)

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
You see them popup right here in our For Sale section from time to time. Also, I've seen manufacturers reselling them as recerts and Newegg selling Open Box GTXs.

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wahkee View Post
ebay.com

do it
Don't do it.

No but seriously, they're out of production and buying a used one is probably your best shot. You might be able to find a new one lying around somewhere...but where....who knows...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Your better off getting a newer card, that 8800GTX won't last you too long if you get it now and would probably be dated by then.

·
Banned
11,459 Posts
Don't bother with another 8800GTX, upgrade to a newer one

I went from 8800GTX to SLI 8800GTX, then to SLI 9600GT (with the latest drivers) I have been getting better performance out of my 9600GT's in SLI than my 8800GTX SLI.... in all games except Crysis and Crysis wars

9600GT SLI is about $170, Thats less than what I paid for one 8800GTX about 5 months ago.

Upgrade you card, the 8800 cards are slowly fading, especially the G80 cards

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ibboco
View Post

hey, new on here, but... does anyone know if the 8800GTX has gone out of production? i can't find one anywhere, Im looking for another to SLI up with my current one.

its the OC by the way, not the OC2.

if its not available, could i SLI up a GTS with my GTX OC? or would this ruin everything? or make the GTX less effective by only using 512mb of it?

opinions and answers please! xD

i belive OMEGANEMISIS28 is selling one 2 8800GTX on OCN, hit him up..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts