Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am only a casual gamer but I have that 6790 and it is amazingly good once overclocked. I play BF3 and other games on high settings with this card and get great performance. I know there are those who will advise you to go up to a 6850 and spend the difference, but it is really not necessary unless you want to run benchmarks. With my one monitor at 1920x1080 my 6790 overclocked does everything I need. I have a 4870X2 and I found that overall I enjoyed using the 6790 more (DX11 support and a lot less heat).

·
...when you walked in
6,439 Posts
Don't get 2x 4850's.. They are old, no DX11 support, bad scaling, and I'm sure you'll be plagued with microstutter.

6790 is fine, but I'd spend a few more bucks and get a 6850 if possible. You can pick up a 6850 easily for $100 shipped used.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serverboy View Post

All right, I'll see what I can do. Also, what about a gtx 460? I know this is an amd forum, but I really need to know
As a former owner of a GTX 460, I can attest that it is still a very strong card. Although it is technically 2 generations old, it is still DX11 compliant and as such still able to play the latest games at reasonably high quality settings. It's about comparable to a 6850, maybe a little bit slower.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts