Overclock.net banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slay View Post

4xCrossfire? More like housefire. Jokes aside, that's impressive.
To be fair they are water cooled, I have 6x120 magicool and 2 400mm rads in the loop. Its overkill but keeps the cards nicely cool its more my psu I worry about as I now regularly hit 1500 watts without much overclocking at the wall.

TY for checking it out, I hope to have it back up and running since I had to move and drain the loop etc..

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I am within a few days of getting my setup back and running. Things are taking long than expected. I almost ordered some 8gb air Cooled cards but they are too much money right now. It feels like eternity waiting for 3xx series.

·
Premium Member
6,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DividebyZERO View Post

I am within a few days of getting my setup back and running. Things are taking long than expected. I almost ordered some 8gb air Cooled cards but they are too much money right now. It feels like eternity waiting for 3xx series.
We're all waiting
redface.gif

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Bilko View Post

We're all waiting
redface.gif
Sorry, i got wrapped up in stuff more important than hooking up my PC, so says the other half. We at OCN know PC is way more important that anything else? Haha, i am setting it up today as i type this.

On a sad note, it appears the crossover 44k is not longer available and who knows if a better model will come up. After seeing how well the scaler works in person, i really hope if a new one is out its just as good. Looks like 1x3 eyefinity with this will be next to impossible unless some come available later. Not that i am set on doing that but it would have been a nice option. If i did get the regular eyefinity itch that is.

·
Premium Member
6,820 Posts
Quote:

Quote:

We're all waiting
redface.gif
Sorry, i got wrapped up in stuff more important than hooking up my PC, so says the other half. We at OCN know PC is way more important that anything else? Haha, i am setting it up today as i type this.

On a sad note, it appears the crossover 44k is not longer available and who knows if a better model will come up. After seeing how well the scaler works in person, i really hope if a new one is out its just as good. Looks like 1x3 eyefinity with this will be next to impossible unless some come available later. Not that i am set on doing that but it would have been a nice option. If i did get the regular eyefinity itch that is.
Oh i meant we're all waiting on the 390x
tongue.gif

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I'm back
some more [email protected] no TressFx as it seems messed up at this resolution.

Natural Selection 2

there appears to be some HUD issues with Natural selection2, guess it doesn't matter since the game is almost dead

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Quote:

Damn Tomb Raider looks good!
thumb.gif
Indeed! it's a shame tress fx flips out, i'd love to see it in a hi res screen cap. Unfortunately when enable at this resolution it becomes unuseable to the point i have to close and change it in the config app.

Some Unigine Tropics just because...

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Just gonna pop this here. I could do this in any game pretty much, i just wondered while toying around in crysis as it's really old. I wondered what it looked like in 1080p which is what i used back then. So here is a comparison shot.

6400x3600 vs 1920x1080 - Crysis vanilla - quality difference.

look at the foilage is the most obvious, and also you can right click the image - then open in new tab for full size. Its hard to tell by looking at just the thumbnails.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Quote:

Just gonna pop this here. I could do this in any game pretty much, i just wondered while toying around in crysis as it's really old. I wondered what it looked like in 1080p which is what i used back then. So here is a comparison shot.

6400x3600 vs 1920x1080 - Crysis vanilla - quality difference.

look at the foilage is the most obvious, and also you can right click the image - then open in new tab for full size. Its hard to tell by looking at just the thumbnails.
Look at that usage on GPU and CPU for Crysis!!!
laugher.gif

I remember when that game hurt EVERYONE'S feelings....

It's barely tickling your system, except for those two cores on the 1080P shot, hahaha

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith1984 View Post

Look at that usage on GPU and CPU for Crysis!!!
laugher.gif

I remember when that game hurt EVERYONE'S feelings....

It's barely tickling your system, except for those two cores on the 1080P shot, hahaha
Yeah its one reason i wanted to revisit an old title. I remember it being a nightmare at 1080 on my 295gtx back in the day. I upgraded to that from my 9800gtx+ ultra.

More 6400x3600 vs 1080 shots, this time WoW - While not the most graphical game to compare you can still see the difference. Especially with things like detail in the distance.
NO AA at either resolution, wanted to keep settings the same and just compare raw resolution. I could do AA testing later but not really a big deal for now.

Also, i have to reduce quality on the 6400x3600 shots so i can upload them to OCN 10mb limit. So they arent really untouched in that aspect as the 1080p shots are.

EDIT: i just noticed vsynch seemed to only work at high resolution. Wierd.

Edit: Also: @Agent Smith1984 I am using unified usage monitoring in AB. So i didn't realize i had that on and im sure its using more per gpu than the AB shows. I should probably turn it off.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Mirrors edge, this one is surprisingly good performance and visuals for it's age. Defintely going to give it a go since i've never played it much but its got me immersed now.

6400x3600 shots.

I need to look for a camera this weekend again. my phone just isn't up to the task

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith1984 View Post

Dude, these are some insane visuals.
I'm looking forward to 4k.... It won't be quite at that level, but far beyond 1080p for sure.
4k is awesome in terms of graphic fidelity vs 1080. It just isn't there yet for HZ and FPS so its a tradeoff i guess. I am already spoiled though running this resolution, i can immediately spot aliasing and fidelity when a game load 4k instead of my max res. I also don't mean to spend so much time in old titles, but they are almost like new games to me now lol.

Black Mesa! I always loved HL series. This is just superb to relive in even higher fidelity.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
A few more screens ftw

Alice Madness Returns - seems to be capped at 30fps, didn't spend any time to figure out why. Just wanted to test it out.

a few more black mesa shots

Xcom Unknown Enemy -

Lichdom Battlemage - runs pretty rough, not sure why the graphics are mediocre.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Quote:

Alice Madness Returns - seems to be capped at 30fps, didn't spend any time to figure out why.
\Users\[Account]\Documents\My Games\Alice Madness Returns\AliceGame\Config

- Edit AliceEngine.ini
- Find MaxSmoothedFrameRate
- Set custom framerate (i.e. 60 or higher)
- Save change
- Apply "read only" to the file

• Rep+
Reactions: DividebyZERO

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4ze0ne View Post

\Users\[Account]\Documents\My Games\Alice Madness Returns\AliceGame\Config

- Edit AliceEngine.ini
- Find MaxSmoothedFrameRate
- Set custom framerate (i.e. 60 or higher)
- Save change
- Apply "read only" to the file
Super thanks for that. I will check it out, the biggest complaint i have on that title is mouse movement is really bizzare

41 - 60 of 75 Posts