Overclock.net banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically if you want more cooling or better C.O.P's ( efficiency ) You need more QMAX . Unfortunately. the most powerful single TEC that you can get your hads on has a QMAX of 360-400 Watts .. Which some say isn't enough.

So this block brakes that barrier by allowing you to mount two 50mm TEC's directly ( via a cold plate ) to your CPU. Giving you 452 - 600Watts of QMAX . which is undeniably enough to cool any heavily over clocked i7.

This is the cover for it.

LL
LL

·
Registered
498 Posts
Looking good, as for brass tops I'm sure they'd be nice but I'm guessing Ultra doesn't have brass on hand, and it probably takes a lot more time to machine than acrylic or whatever particular plastic he uses.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MADMAX22
View Post

Great looking stuff as allways.

I dont remember but is there a reason you dont do brass tops on these?

i could if i wanted to but these are the reason why i dont make brass tops

1 increase costs of materials and therefore cost of the block

2 Increased weight which will increase shipping costs

3 increased weight means increased stress on the motherboard .. the 62mm block is 900grams so this one will be obviously more

4 I actually like seeing the inner channels of the block .. i dont like having to pay for a block of this cost and having nothing to show my mates except a shinny bit of metal

5 Freddy is into his polished brass tops so thats his "looK" and i dont feel like stepping on his towes

Thanks US2

·
Registered
618 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultrasonic2 (muffy) View Post
i could if i wanted to but these are the reason why i dont make brass tops

3 increased weight means increased stress on the motherboard .. the 62mm block is 900grams so this one will be obviously more

Wouldn't want to put one of these on a vertical board then....LOL

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jefreynnv
View Post

any update on this ultrasonic2? I am planning something like this but don't know how to make a block. If you can prove your success then you have a customer for a block.

No updates as i've been making a block for someone else. I could finish this block reasonably quickly, but the motivation is low when i have someone willing to pay for another block. I'd be very happy to have a buyer for this, complete with 226 TEC's. cos i really dont have the time for testing it on my machine, which isn't a i7 so no one really cares anyway.

It should be a great performer if some one can actually fit it on their PC

1 - 20 of 256 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.