Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys new here, but not to overclocking, hope to get past the air cooling and looking forward to getting some help with other types,

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Derk0990
Hi guys new here, but not to overclocking, hope to get past the air cooling and looking forward to getting some help with other types,

so you got a 1ghz oc on air...impressive!

may i ask what type of "air" as you call it you got going on?

oh, by the way, welcome!

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
welcome man!

dont worry, ull be in watercooling bliss pretty soon

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
welcome!

and what do u mean by 1 GHz on air? like he oced 1 Ghz high and keeps it by cooling only with fans?

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zipnogg

welcome!

and what do u mean by 1 GHz on air? like he oced 1 Ghz high and keeps it by cooling only with fans?

Yeah he overclocked 1ghz and is aircooling his cpu (ie, heatsink and fan).

Welcome to the forums Derk! Enjoy your stay here, everyone is super informative around here.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, using a Zalman CNPS7000, and a 8inch side case fan, intake in front and one in the back. she idles at 25 and can get as high as 47 under load. don't us ually run it very long at that speed, I't runs constant at 3.24ghz idle 22 load 40, these are speed fan temps not sure how accurate they are though. I think thats as far as i can go with air cooling. And yep Bindsuar you have the same processor as me northwood right! it may be yer ram holding you back, I know I'll be able to hit 4ghz with water.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts