Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent all day long trying to get there and just as I was losing hope I have stable at 3.4Ghz couldn't get stable any higher but then again friends have told me that I couldn't expect too on my P5KC because its a 3 phase board. (I'll not lie I'm not 100% sure what they mean) Though I haven't seen any improvement on my folding in the jump up from 3.2Ghz to 3.4Ghz but I didn't expect too see much if any.

Link to CPUz

·
CYRUS + KEF + LG OLED....
1,423 Posts
Ah the memories... a few years back I had a Q6600 @ 3.4 GHz with my P5K-E wi-fi-AP.

dunx

P.S. It died after about three years of abuse....

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well until recently I have only ever had the stock HSF in quite a nasty case, which I thought looked cool about 5 years ago, before I knew about air flow and cable management. So I have been running stock settings up until this past week, going from 3Ghz to 3.2Ghz and now 3.4Ghz. I'm so glad I made the change to my water loop and this lovely new case, next is to save up and replace the components inside, though this time around not only do I know a lot more about everything to do with building, owning and over clocking computers but I am also going to look at reviews and get peoples opinion who have used and abused the hardware before I buy anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts