Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I only have one hard drive so and I would prefer not have one of my hard drive cages in just to hold one 3.5 inch drive. So, I was looking for a simple bracket that can adapt a hard drive to attach to a 120mm fan spot that I have. Does anyone know of a bracket like this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Forget another fan!

Rules for HDDs and SSDs, especially when used in a RAID 0 array:
1. Backup
2. Backup
3. Backup dammit!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconrey View Post

I think that that will work. Thanks! I just wish there was a little more information on the product, I am not 100% sure how it works.
What?
If you only have a single HDD in your system, how are you backing it up?

·
AMDiggity!
1,060 Posts
Removable storage is how!

If your hard drive is spinning disk it's probably not best practice to mount a fan directly to it for vibration concerns

The product CHIZ linked is likea case you build around the fan so it has a HDD form factor. This way you can put it in a hard drive cage without using zip ties

Can you pay a picture of your case and Mark it up with Paint showing where you want the fan or more airflow?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OS-Wiz View Post

If you only have a single HDD in your system, how are you backing it up?
Removable media, NAS, online backup, another system, many other ways to be backing up without having multiple hard drives in your system. Or maybe it's a system with no critical data on it, like just games?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archea47 View Post

Removable storage is how!

If your hard drive is spinning disk it's probably not best practice to mount a fan directly to it for vibration concerns

The product CHIZ linked is likea case you build around the fan so it has a HDD form factor. This way you can put it in a hard drive cage without using zip ties

Can you pay a picture of your case and Mark it up with Paint showing where you want the fan or more airflow?
I have a 120mm fan spot on the bottom of my case, I do not really want the fan on it to increase the airflow and keep it cooler, it is running just fine as is, I just want it to provide me with more open space by allowing me to remove my hard drive cages and give more air to my GPU. I do not even necessarily want it to mount to a fan, just mounting to the case where a 120mm fan would mount would be fine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts