Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im trying to get my Intel E8400 to 4Ghz. On 3.9 GHz everything seems to work stable. memory fsb 1:1. When i try to go to 4ghz my video card doesn't seem to work properly windows boots in high low resolution and ati driver doesn't seem to work. I have my pcie clocked at 100 MHz. Maybe other suggestions what it may could be?

System specs:

E8300
Ati radeon 4870
Corsair XMS2 memory
Scyte mugen II cooler
Asus PQ SE motherboard

·
Registered
979 Posts
possibly need to raise your north and south bridge voltages a bit.

Every case is different, but when my pci-e is clocked at 100mhz when i overclock my cpu, my system is unstable. I currently have mine clocked at 105 and it works beautifully.

·
Registered
739 Posts
You're going to want to find the limits to each major components of your system ie. CPU, RAM, Mobo. There are guides on here that can help you out with that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm....

this sounds bad my pc bootted ( highered nb a bit) then when he came in windows he shutted down now it doesnt boot anymore tried to reset bios. but no result. Also removed memory but theres no beeps.... what could be broken?

PS i didn't think i went over the maximum of my hardware at all.. going to test some of my hardware at a friend tomorrow

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okey this is getting more weird
i removed all things exept the powersupply for the motherboard and the processor powersupply now it bootted again and its now workiing like a charm
i knew i didnt kill it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts