Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I just made a topic few days ago about cooler master cases. Have researching hard on this site and others... I came up with 3 cases to choose from.

The cases below I have my eyes on which is:

1. Lian-Li LanCool PC-K62
2. Cooler Master C690 II Advance
3. Cooler Master HAF 922

My computer specs is below and I do air cooling. I just want to get the best case for my buck and wanted to know which case has the best air cooling from those 3 I selected. Any help would be great... Thank you all.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by (Rambo) View Post
I have the HAF 922 and i am really pleased with it, not sure about the other two, but lian-li is overprices in my opinion.
the pc-k92 is lain li offbrand Lancool. It's the same thing pretty much, but the cases are made of steel instead of aluminum. The pc-k62 is only $10 more than the haf 922, and imo, is the best case on the list. Lots of great features, simple yet stylish looking, side window, painted black interior, etc etc.. My vote is for the pc-k62.

·
48" Mousepad Extremist
1,014 Posts
Definitely the Lian Li, it has the best features out of all of them. The tool-less design is nothing short of genius.

·
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer
14,431 Posts
The PC-K62 has the best build quality, especially when you compare the tool free designs. But it also has the worst airflow. I'd choose the HAF 922 - the fact that it is much longer and wider helps with cable management, and the potential airflow is very good.

I see you were considering the Storm Sniper. That's the one to go for, the Black Edition is the new standard one. Stock airflow is much better and the HAF 922 basically cloned its interior but omitted the bottom dust filters and has thumbscrews for the expansion slots instead of the cheap plastic locks. But the Storm Sniper has a fan controller and again better stock airflow. The carrying handles are cool too.

·
Registered
984 Posts
The Haf 922 definitely has the best airflow and cable management. You should decide which case you think looks the best then weigh whether you want looks or performance or a happy median.

My second pick is definitely the CM 690 II cause the inside is painted and it looks pretty awsome.

You couldn't go wrong with either of these.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I'd choose performance over looks anydays, atleast when it comes to computer gaming. And what I hear about coolmaster brands from this forum is that they probably have one of the best airflow out of almost all brands but is sacrificed by ugly looking cases! I don't get why they make their cases ugly but I'm not really staring at my case anyways, I'm playing the game!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya I just seen videos of both cases that I like the best which is 1. Lian-Li LanCool PC-K62
2. Cooler Master C690 II Advance. Both have unique stuff like LanCool awesome tool less feature and also has great airflow and also c690 has a awesome thing to hold the gpu and add a fan on it to cool it better.

·
Premium Member
8,952 Posts
The PC-K62 is a hell of a little box. I've said it time and time again in these threads that they beat out anything it's price range, and damn near anything within 100 bucks of it. Tool-less PCI bracket is AMAZING. Not to mention the fans, HDD bays, 2 of the 5.25 bays, the motherboard tray, and PSU are ALL tool-less.

Get it, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AMW1011 View Post
Definitely the Lian Li, it has the best features out of all of them. The tool-less design is nothing short of genius.
its pretty cheap as well. Only ten bucks more than the 922.

·
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer
14,431 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Master Chief View Post
Lian Li or 690II.

Haf=crap
What makes the 690 II better than the HAF 922? The only advantages the 690 II has are a black interior and the two piece hard drive cage. I assume you just mean the HAF looks like crap.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Score thus far:
HAF: 4
Lian Li: 5
690: 1

I can see this is going to be a battle between the first two. Not sure that the OP will be in any better of a position to make a decision if this continues as is. Other than the 690 being excluded.

simple stats:

HAF: best possible airflow(Performance++)
Lian Li: Great everything else and good airflow.

·
Premium Member
14,325 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by boredgunner View Post
What makes the 690 II better than the HAF 922? The only advantages the 690 II has are a black interior and the two piece hard drive cage. I assume you just mean the HAF looks like crap.

Yeah, it looks like someone barfed on an HEC after they had too much pizza and beer and bam... The HAF.

·
Premium Member
8,952 Posts
Quote:

Yeah, it looks like someone barfed on an HEC after they had too much pizza and beer and bam... The HAF.
True Story: The designers were on a deadline to produce something new. Whatever they came up with, was what the company would go with. When the VP saw it, he was like "What's this Half-assed garbage?" Hence: The HAF.

Ok, so not really, but they are damn ugly and I pity anyone who buys such a monstrosity.

·
Premium Member
14,325 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by XNine View Post
True Story: The designers were on a deadline to produce something new. Whatever they came up with, was what the company would go with. When the VP saw it, he was like "What's this Half-assed garbage?" Hence: The HAF.

Ok, so not really, but they are damn ugly and I pity anyone who buys such a monstrosity.

good work

·
Registered
984 Posts
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by XNine View Post

I think your opinions have been made clear.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts