Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
* This thread requires the use of analygraph glasses use them where ever you see

What does it mean to take a photo in 3D?

IndentSimply it just means takeing a photo with the perseption of depth in it. When you take a regular photo we cant see the depth how ever using shadows and memories of object we can in some way reconstruct the image in three dimension. How ever this dosnt mean that we are actually seeing the depth in the image.

Ex. A-1-----------------------------------------Ex. A-2-----------------------------------
Ex. A-3
-In Ex. A-1 there are no shadows. This makes it difficult / impossible to tell how many opject there are. In Ex. A-2 there are shadows which clearly shows there are two objects how ever it is unclear as to how big each one is and how far away from each other they actually are. Ex. A-3 On this one you can see that there are clearly two objects. One is much bigger but much further away while the other is smaller but alot closer.

I already have tons of photos can i convert these into 3D?

IndentThe Answer is Yes and No. With alot of photo shop you can give the image the appearence of being 3D how ever it would take alot of work and you will never actually get the full effect. How ever if you have a 3D camera there is no need to convert anything.

What 3D cameras are currently available?

IndentAs of now there really arent alot of 3D cameras for the consumer market. This is due to the fact that onces people get these cameras they dont have ways to view the photos in 3D. Most 3D cameras before now have mostly been "toys" and never really caught on. How ever Fujifilm has been one of the first to make a affordable 3d camera. They are part of the FinePix REAL 3D Series of Digital cameras. How ever before you spend nearly $500 dollars on a camera there is a way you can experiment with this technology using the traditional camera.

What is the difference between a traditional camera and a 3D camera?

Indent The only difference between the two essientially is that a 3D camera has 2 lenses that are about two inches apart. This is to replicate the distance between your two pupils. How ever this can be replicated with a traditional camera by either having two of them and placing them side by side or snapping two photos using the same camera in different positions

How do i take a 3D photograph with my traditional camera?

IndentAll you have to do is snap a photo of something then move the camera about 2 inches away adjust the angle and snap another photo. This means that you can only take photos of still objects unlike a 3D camera. How ever it works great when photographing objects.

-------------------

Ex. B-1----------------------------------------------------------------Ex. B-2
-Ex B-1 shows the traditional way of taking a photo. B-2 show how to take a 3D photo using two similar cameras simultaneously or one camera (repositioning it after every shot). *Note that the area where the Blue and Red merge is where a object wlll appear 3D.

Do i need to have any special settings or configuration?

IndentNope you just snap the photo like you take any other one. Perferibly keep the same setting when taking the two photos. It would look back to take one with high exposer and the other one with low. (For best results turn off any automatic settings)

2D photos V 3D photos

Ex. C-1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------

Ex. C-2------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ex. C-3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ex. C-4

-Ex. C-1 is a photo shot the traditional method, Straight forward. As i covered several times a 3D photo is two regualr photos shot at different angles then merged. Ex. C-2 is a photo shot slightly to the left. Ex. C-3 is a photo shot slightly to the Right. Ex. C-4 is the product when both of these photos are merged.
Under Construction

·
Registered
720 Posts
I think 3D is a bit of a gimmick so I never even bothered with it. I spend so much time with color/whitebalance/PP, it would be weird to just throw all color out of the window and make it a green/red 3D image.

Food for thought: what about black and white?

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enfluenza
View Post

+1
if only i had two cameras...

But yu dont need two camera. Simply just use the same one twice in two different locations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by citruspers
View Post

I think 3D is a bit of a gimmick so I never even bothered with it. I spend so much time with color/whitebalance/PP, it would be weird to just throw all color out of the window and make it a green/red 3D image.

Food for thought: what about black and white?

You dont have to throw out the colors. The only reason im giving you guys the green and red photos are because most dont have Nvidia 3d vision or anything like that. I made the .Jps that way these photos can be viewed in full color in 3d i just need to upload them.

Black and white wont work.

red and blue are used because the Cyan blue cyan be be used to filter both the Green and blue. While the red can filter the red image.

So with Cyan and red you cover the full RGB range on your pc. White and black woulnt really work because it dosnt really work that way LOL.. the grey spot would ruin it. LOL..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.