Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
woot 3 days untill im in the top 1500 of ocn folders means i can gets meh postbit thingy!!!!!

and incase your wondering heres me stats

if i run 24/7 i get around 8k but im off school and gaming alot so i cant have it constatly folding but once march breaks over im aiming for the top 1200

what? no congrats no yay no nuffin? o i gets it your all lookin at the core i7 980x thread

• Rep+
Reactions: Gen. Gustav Zenlav

·
Still lurkin about :/
1,552 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ELmo1989
View Post

Congrats. And job well done your doing if for a good cause.

What he said lol, well done mate.

·
Premium Member
16,458 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDProb
View Post

woot 3 days untill im in the top 1500 of ocn folders means i can gets meh postbit thingy!!!!!

and incase your wondering heres me stats

if i run 24/7 i get around 8k but im off school and gaming alot so i cant have it constatly folding but once march breaks over im aiming for the top 1200

what? no congrats no yay no nuffin? o i gets it your all lookin at the core i7 980x thread

with a high clocked i7 you should be getting alot more smp points than that, also your 280 should pull more. 8K seems low for a 24 hour points with that setup

·
Premium Member
5,345 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CravinR1
View Post

with a high clocked i7 you should be getting alot more smp points than that, also your 280 should pull more. 8K seems low for a 24 hour points with that setup

If he's a student, he may game alot or use it a bit more than average.

But grats!

Now, back to staring at my VMware for my 1st % to show up so I can go to work...

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
Cool.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont smp fold, and i use this computer constantly, dont like it when i cant just launch something instantly, and as i said not folding 24/7 atm, roughly 5 hours a day or so, wait till the break is over, than itll run while im at school and while im asleep, so say 16 hours a day or so

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
i found smp to mess with less stuff than the gpu does. i play all my games, watch movies, pretty much everything with smp still running. now the gpu KILLs games and movies if i leave it on.

·
more chroma!
3,565 Posts
Some nice stats!

·
Premium Member
5,345 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyanmcleod View Post
i found smp to mess with less stuff than the gpu does. i play all my games, watch movies, pretty much everything with smp still running. now the gpu KILLs games and movies if i leave it on.
^this. I game with SMP folding (though I haven't tried it with VM/Bigadv running..) - Batman: Arkham Asylum stays up @ 60fps almost 100% of the time while doing so, and I dont notice any other slowness. That's the beauty behind folding, it focuses on unused clock cycles, so unless you have its priority turned up, it shouldn't pull resources when you want them for other stuff.

GPU is less forgiving though as mentioned above.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
you need to pause the vmware to do anything else sadly. when you set aside ram for it you wont have enough left over to game. i play an old mmo thats 8 years old and very easy on the system and i still have to close down the vm to run it. hell, just getting in vent with vm up and 3 gpu clients going is bad enough.

·
Premium Member
46,114 Posts
Got to agree with that. I can put the FahCore priority up to "High" without noticing a drop in performance, but getting a 33% boost in PPD.

So loving SMP2.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts