Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
go liquid cooling, buy another 4870 for cf, or buy another 22" monitor for dual setup.

i dont know how about some help deciding

·
Premium Member
8,951 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MinorMishap
View Post

go liquid cooling, buy another 4870 for cf, or buy another 22" monitor for dual setup.

i dont know how about some help deciding

Depends on your needs.

Do you want to push your Q6600 to its limits?
Do you need some extra umph in gaming?
Do you need some more monitor space for multi-tasking?

·
Registered
973 Posts
Just from those three options, I would honestly say that you should go ahead and water cool your rig. The single 4870 is more than enough for a 22" monitor, so I don't see the sense in getting another unless you want to tip the scales (nothing wrong with that, though!).

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i cant stell the difference between 3ghz and 3.2 ghz, so i dont see the point of taking this 1.3250 vid chip further. i just want WC because, idk, it looks cool and it would keep me safe if i went Q9XXX or i7.

every game i play is at 60fps + so i dont need any more graphics power. i would just like another card because i could have one.

and i have more than enough space, i just imagine WIC would be cool dual monitor and they would look awesome together.

see my dilemma?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have a sound card

its only a cheap pci thing but it means i can swap from speakers to headphones with restarting programs, which in game is the most annoying thing... ever?

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Save it for when you need it just put it in a drawer or something so that you have it if something happens. Also you will have it when you need to upgrade.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
By the sounds of things, a second monitor would be a good choice for you...

I personally would go for the water cooling and see if I noticed a difference between 3GHz and 3.8...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you know what, thanks eclipse, but rather than save it i will get the new monitor, which i can always keep (its not like monitors are gonna need to get much bigger for a long time) and save the graphics card and WC for my next build

thanks guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts