Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Old to Overclock.net
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From reading the forums I see that "Cooler Express" can not be relied upon. So can anyone tell me who if anyone makes a 3 stage unit. I can't afford 3 unless I go with OCZ and then it would take up so much room. I know someone that has many years of refridgeration experence and I have access to a metal fab shop. I could build my own but would rather buy one.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Three stage?

The only way your going to get one of those is dropping like $2000+ to one of the big guys (Chilly1, Fugger, PC-ICE) to get one of those along with the $300 shipping bill.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldovi

The OCZ phase changer is only 1 stage.

When's the OCZ coming out anyways? I'm sure my Opteron would love it.

·
Old to Overclock.net
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldovi

The OCZ phase changer is only 1 stage.

Yes but I could buy 3 of them.

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmhnc

Yes but I could but 3 of them.

How much is that gunna cost? $3000? $2500? $4000?
You planning on winning the lottery any time soon?

You would also need to extent the other 2 unit's evap neck, in order for it to reach the other components. Also, where you going to put all 3 of those units, stack em' on top of each other?

·
Old to Overclock.net
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Some_Idiot2

How much is that gunna cost? $3000? $2500? $4000?
You planning on winning the lottery any time soon?

You would also need to extent the other 2 unit's evap neck, in order for it to reach the other components. Also, where you going to put all 3 of those units, stack em' on top of each other?

Haven't you heard yet, OCZ will soon be selling these units for around $300.
http://blog.hypexr.org/?p=123
http://www.ocztechnology.com/newsletter/
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/282/1/
I can modify them to work however needed.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
I don't think you mean 3 Stage dude, you mean a Triple Evap phase change system.

To make it worth while you'd probably need to go for a high capacity unit, the unit would need to be custom built, i'd recommend it being built by Chilly1, PC-ICE or Fugger, these guy's can be found at Xtreme Systems.

It'll probably cost you like $900 - $1200 USD but it'll be worth it if that's the way you want to go.

As for the OCZ Unit's... They have a cheap compressor and are very low capacity unit's, they were designed by Chilly1 and also use his evap's but because they are low cost, mass produced unit's they will only achieve -10 -15c.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Max 3x OCZ Cryo-Zs will cost is ~$900, minimum it will cost is ~$600.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PetrolHead

I don't think you mean 3 Stage dude, you mean a Triple Evap phase change system.

To make it worth while you'd probably need to go for a high capacity unit, the unit would need to be custom built, i'd recommend it being built by Chilly1, PC-ICE or Fugger, these guy's can be found at Xtreme Systems.

It'll probably cost you like $900 - $1200 USD but it'll be worth it if that's the way you want to go.

As for the OCZ Unit's... They have a cheap compressor and are very low capacity unit's, they were designed by Chilly1 and also use his evap's but because they are low cost, mass produced unit's they will only achieve -10 -15c.

That's just speculation. Let's wait until it actually comes out.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
3 stage means 3 compressor pumps and 3 seperate refridgeration cycles working to cool one evaporator to ridiculuosly low temps. Buying 3 OCZ phase change units would not be 3 stage compression.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by metalman2785

3 stage means 3 compressor pumps and 3 seperate refridgeration cycles working to cool one evaporator to ridiculuosly low temps. Buying 3 OCZ phase change units would not be 3 stage compression.

It would be if he changed out the gases in two of them and then he modded them to cool each other. But, wouldn't it have to be on all the time? with such low boiling points, those gases would boil at room temperature and explode...lol

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by this_barb

That's just speculation. Let's wait until it actually comes out.

The -10 to -15c degree part was just off the top of my head but i have spoke to someone at Xtreme Systems and they say that Chilly1 has told of -25c under a 130w heatload.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.