1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard rumors?

Late January?

GTX 333 = 4 core gpu?

Is this right or does anyone know when they are coming out and what they are? I am building a new comp and I am thinking whether I should wait or go with a 295

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
if it is late january i think that was a bad move, it should have been like ATI and in oct-nov release, great for the holidays

·
Old to Overclock.net
2,454 Posts
To me that sounds totally off. I know theyre presumably*? pressumeably*? w/e -great. and last I had heard on a release date was late feb early march. maybe you should get a cheap 260 until then..

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
That would be wrong.

Then SLi would be made redundant because DirectX can only use 4 GPUs in Tandem (Aka. SLi or CrossFire).

·
Long Time Lurker
919 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dizzymagoo View Post
I have heard rumors?

Late January?

GTX 333 = 4 core gpu?

Is this right or does anyone know when they are coming out and what they are? I am building a new comp and I am thinking whether I should wait or go with a 295
Remember the Voodoo 5 6000?

This would be a horrible move.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
or you could just come to the dark side(ATI).......j/k cant wait to see these prices.it will probally be around tax time so they bleed ya.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I heard the stuff about the 333 over in the folding section. But is feb/march the release date? It might be worth just waiting until then and saving my money...

·
Quarantined in the Sticks
2,408 Posts
4 cores in one gpu? i hope you have 26" inches to spare

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was in a post here on OCN. Okay then my next question since obviously that was a stupid one. When is Nvidia going to create a card that beats ATI's(5970)?

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
the first fermi gtx 300 with 2 gpus should demolish the 5970, possibly even some higher end single core version. Fermi is an entirely new architecture that should be utilizing wider memory busses among other things, unlike ATI 5xxx series which essentially runs on the same Chassis as the 4xxx series. That is why the ATI series came out so much sooner because there is less real development behind the actual card.

if you look into it deeper the 5970 is yet to pass the single card records set by the GTX 295 on HWbot in 3d mark vantage and 3d mark 06, I've yet to check other cards but considering the GTX 295 is a year old this says a lot about the potential of fermi.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Next year at some point, they haven't released anything specific, and as far as they are concerned the GTX 285 and 295 w/ the GTX 275 pulling a close 3rd are still pulling their own on the market and dropping in prices. Trust me, you'll see atleast 25 post about the actual release date once its dropped on us.

·
Old school
14,400 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dizzymagoo
View Post

It was in a post here on OCN. Okay then my next question since obviously that was a stupid one. When is Nvidia going to create a card that beats ATI's(5970)?

Nobody knows.

I'd like to see some numbers (benches) myself as well. Until then, it's all speculating.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dizzymagoo
View Post

Hmmm anybody got an idea for a release date?

Late Q1 / Early Q2 next year.... to late for most people to wait honestly. If your goal was to get a GT300, don't. Just grab some 5870 or a 5970 and call it good. Nvidia is usually first in the race, this time ATi is.

·
Mr.4way SLI
5,522 Posts
I think i smell Trolls need to get out the spray. But it might be cool to have one card with 4 cores.
Then you wont need a case like this to cool it.

·
Mr.4way SLI
5,522 Posts
You know why Nvidia is holding out on a new GPU. The reason is its going to be called Intel Geforce 10000. LOL just waiting on Intel to buy them out.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts