Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i finally got my 3000+ to o.c a bit it woulnt go past 220 so i put it to 240 and it boots fine , now im at 250 on stock air and stock heat compound, am i safe speed fan says "Temp 1:25 , Temp 2:27 and Temp 3:70, but temp 3 has always been 70 so i dont really mind it. Is this safe to stay at and my HTT is 3x it wont boot at 4.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
if your temps and voltages are fine, then you should be good to go. The HTT multi just needs to be set so your system will boot and be stable. So if x3 is the multi, that's good.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright thanks, do you think this is the highest i can go or can i go higher and what can i use for stability testing , this is pretty much the first time ive overclocked my cpu.

·
Premium Member
13,775 Posts
As far as the CPU is concerned, it can go WAY higher than that. I'm not familiar with your board though, so I don't know if your mobo will take it much higher :-/

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
if your motherboard allows you to increase the vcore (cpu voltage) to 1.65v as a maximum, then you should be good to go.
You can get that chip close to 2.6ghz.
Another major concern is if the mobo is stable with higher FSB(HTT) speeds...having it stable at 300 would be ideal.
What are your settings currently?

FSB
multi
divider
vcore...etc

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FSB=250
multi=9
divider=166
vcore=1.4 , auto
htt=3x
havent touched anything else on memory or cpu
i think my motherboard allows me go up to 1.7? i might be wrong though

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fredster102

FSB=250
multi=9
divider=166
vcore=1.4 , auto
htt=3x
havent touched anything else on memory or cpu
i think my motherboard allows me go up to 1.7? i might be wrong though

looking good, great board, depending on the bios rev, the core volt selections go up to 1.7, with an additional option for up to +.3v though you sholdn't need/want more then 1.8 for anything...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I havent updated the bios but the mobo is only about a month old ,
should i up the vcore and go higher or run it like this for now?

·
Freeflushots
3,460 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just went and did another o/c now im at 260 FSB memory is at 213 with a 166 divider... should i leave it here idle temp is 29*c

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i tried bf2 today, it ran for about 1 min kicked me out , restarted lowerd it to 255 and its stable now, should i go higher ??

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
fredster, lets go for 2.4ghz. I will also post an overclocking calculator that you will find useful for calculating overclocks, dividers, etc....here we go..

267 x 9
vcore 1.5-1.55 (try 1.5 first) These are safe voltages, not harmful.
HTT x 3 (HTT doesn't have affect on performance, it needs to be set for stability)
Memory divider 166
Memory voltage 2.7-2.8 (these are safe)
Memory timings default (you need to post a link to your memory, I dont know what you have)

This should be it, try the 1.5 vcore first, then increase to 1.55 if it isn't stable.
It also could be your memory that cannot run at the quicker speed, you could always use the 133 divider just to make sure it's only your cpu that could be the cause of instability. please post a link or tell me the default timings and everything you can about them.

Here's the overclocking calculator.....this should all work if your memory is halfway decent...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
K, I can try it on v core 1.5 but wouldnt that give me alot more heat with that stock cooler and i dont have AS5 on it .. what would happen if i left it on default voltage with that o/c?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
yes, that's good. What did you do differently this time? Did you figure out what you were setting improperly?

The voltage I recommended is completely safe (1.5-1.55)....I doubt your temperatures would even break 50c under load. You should be monitoring them while running prime95...next step is going for 2.5ghz.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.