Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wanna get a SilverStone Sugo SG05B and it comes with a 300watt psu. Do you guys think this will be suitable for an i5 3570k and 750ti. No overclocking.

I've seen 77watt tdp for the i5 and 60watt tdp for the 750 ti.

So would it be like 77+60 plus like another 100 for HDD and fans and such. that still leaves like 50 + watts

Please excuse the silly topic, I can't find my specific searches on google, so I turned to here.
redface.gif

Thanks,

EDIT: I looked up something I should have looked up before posting this. TDP isn't actual power consumption. *facepalm* So I'm even more lost now
redface.gif

·
Premium Member
4,533 Posts
That much power would honestly be overkill for such a system that you have in your OP.

You might average about 30-40w of draw from your CPU for the majority of your tasks. The GTX 750Ti is pulling around 50-70w of power. So that in and of itself is about 100w. And then your HDDs and fans are going to be only adding probably another 20-30w of power draw, if that.

And combined with the fact that most of your time, you are going to be in an idle power state drawing probably less than 60w total for your system, you'll be absolutely fine. You'd even have room to OC your CPU/GPU a bit as long as it is a quality PSU that runs its rated wattage for continuous power usage.

·
Senior OCN Member
41,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneNewGuy View Post

This is what it states on New egg, SFX 300W with 80 PLUS certification (SilverStone tuned). Other then that I haven't got any more imformation on it.
its a mediocre FSP unit

·
Registered
6,053 Posts
It's fine! I had an i5 4570 and a 750ti It never pulled more than 131 watts gaming per my kill-a-watt meter. That's the whole system, playing BF4 multiplayer, and no v-sync. You're fine.

·
Premium Member
11,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Storm View Post

As long as there is 25 amps on the 12v rail...I'd run it.

If they are doing that dumb "add up the wattage on all rails to get 300watts" thing that some cheaper PSU manufactures do...then not a chance.
This is what I was thinking lol as sometimes it happens

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.