Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Benchmarks today!
Should be enough to make an informed decision. Yes?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Haven't seen any real benchmarks today.
NDA lifts in 4 hours and 25 minutes. Expect almost all sites to have their reviews posted immediately.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Santa Clara, California

·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,683 Posts
20 min for TX!!!!

·
mfw
8,626 Posts
Here's another.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hardware Unboxed is up too.

·
mfw
8,626 Posts
So, the obvious takeaway here is that these cards' performance increase scales exponentially with pixel count. Clearly, they wanted to be ready for the 4K revolution.

·
waifu for lifu
11,093 Posts
@ 4k, 3080 FE vs 2080ti: 20-30% faster:

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
TPU review

TPU AMD vs Intel CPU

Guru3D

TinyTomLogan

Jayztwocents

Linus

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
Is it me or is it really wierd that there's no Anandtech review up? They used to have new gen card reviews at launch...

Really impressive performance though.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Not enough to warrant an upgrade. Will probably buy the 3090 or 3080Ti if they will release such a card

·
waifu for lifu
11,093 Posts
3090 review date?

·
Old to Overclock.net
1,561 Posts
So overall 20 - 30% performance uplift in 4K vs the 2080Ti. Impressive but honestly if you are a 2080Ti owner you still have a very capable graphics card. I was going to cancel my Asus TUF pre order, because a) I don't really need it and b) I is ugly in my opinion. I offered it to one of my friends that missed the Amazon and BandH pre orders of last week for what I paid and he took it. But for now the 2080Ti will still serve me right.

·
Goddess of Misfortune
3,245 Posts

·
waifu for lifu
11,093 Posts
So overall 20 - 30% performance uplift in 4K vs the 2080Ti. Impressive but honestly if you are a 2080Ti owner you still have a very capable graphics card. I was going to cancel my Asus TUF pre order, because a) I don't really need it and b) I is ugly in my opinion. I offered it to one of my friends that missed the Amazon and BandH pre orders of last week for what I paid and he took it. But for now the 2080Ti will still serve me right.
Nvidia is screaming 'hold on' to current Ti owners with these performance numbers. Also, Big Navi matching 3080 doesnt look so far fetch atm.

·
Graphics Junkie
2,468 Posts
So it's now being confirmed by reviewers that a 20GB version is coming. As Guru3D put it, the 3080 was supposed to launch with 20GBs of Vram but due to the cost of the ram at the time they reduced it to 10GBs.

The 1080Ti was the first GPU I ever bought that had an enthusiast level price tag, and that was only to accommodate my move to 4K. The idea of getting a new GPU at a $700 price tag only make sense to me if it's going to last at least as long as ps5 and the likelihood that games will need more than 10GBs of Vram long before the end of the PS5 era seems pretty high, so I'll be waiting for the 20GB version or RDNA2 if that turn out to be good. The 3080 is not impressive to me, not disappointing either. It's a pretty nice performance increase but considering how long it's been since we last got new GPUs that were not prohibitively overpriced and underwhelming, it feels overdue.

So, the obvious takeaway here is that these cards' performance increase scales exponentially with pixel count. Clearly, they wanted to be ready for the 4K revolution.
Good job buddy, you deserve a gold star!

Even though there is nothing exponential about it, yes obviously this card aims to a good solution for 4K. In other news, water is wet.

·
waifu for lifu
11,093 Posts

1 - 20 of 124 Posts