Overclock.net banner

3090 Kingpin EVGA Waitlist

4358 30
I got an evga 3090 kingpin on evga waitlist (dec 18) thats going to likely be called next shipment. Prices are pre increases and i won’t be getting. You just have to complete the payment portion ( i didn’t pay anything) when my number comes up. If interested i will contact you then.
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
2,411 Posts
That notify list only lets you put in 1 card you've que'd so I just picked one, but have them on all cards. LOL

Still don't understand why any retailer wont just sell 1 card to one address.
I don't know how it is other places, but in Canada, barring Newegg, most of the stores you have to physically go in and backorder the cards in person. You're then placed in a queue and when your card comes in, you have to give the deposit slip and show your ID. I'm guessing the ID is just because you could easily find/steal the deposit slip so they want to match the card with the correct person who backordered it but it wouldn't be too far fetched to think they could use that information to limit the sales of cards to a certain person or address. I'm not sure if that violates any laws, but it would be a decent system to limit scalpers. Of course you could always get your friends and family to go backorder cards for you as well but that amount of effort would dissuade a lot of people. I personally got my 3080 eagle 🦅 within about a month and a half. A long time, sure, but I have friends in the US who are still waiting since near launch! Also, as annoying as it is to have to place the full deposit up front, I only paid MSRP for the 3080 eagle. When I got it, the price of it had jumped over 150$ (Canadian rubles). Retailers need to take responsibility as well and not just blame supply.

Sorry for the rant.

• Rep+
Reactions: Bigceeloc

· Banned
4,658 Posts
That notify list only lets you put in 1 card you've que'd so I just picked one, but have them on all cards. LOL

Having a hard time interpreting this, but are you trying to say you can only que 1 card? Because I have 3 active in “Auto Notify”

· Registered
5,082 Posts

· Banned
5,237 Posts

More then one person lives at an address. Nothing should be limited to buy. Not GME stock nor a GPU. Yeah it sucks that you have to wait for one, that's just the way it is.
Be happy there is even an que system.

Having a hard time interpreting this, but are you trying to say you can only que 1 card? Because I have 3 active in “Auto Notify”
No they want to limit you to being able to buy only 1 card, as this would somehow make it so they could get one.

· Banned
4,658 Posts
More then one person lives at an address. Nothing should be limited to buy. Not GME stock nor a GPU. Yeah it sucks that you have to wait for one, that's just the way it is.
Be happy there is even an que system.

No they want to limit you to being able to buy only 1 card, as this would somehow make it so they could get one.
I figured it out, he’s talking about enewt’s tracker which is only for the Kingpin. Nobody is managing a tracker for the other cards.

· Banned
5,237 Posts
I figured it out, he’s talking about enewt’s tracker which is only for the Kingpin. Nobody is managing a tracker for the other cards.
Yeah that makes sense. Tracker for either 3080, or 3090 would be impossible to maintain so really only works for the Kingpin.
Though surprised not many more jumped in the queue for the Kingpin, not like it’s that much more expensive then a FTW though I guess being hybrid scares most away but it really is the best value buy for the 3090’s. Sure it’s not binned this round but still the extra features are worth the added cost. Plus the lineup was way shorter. Signed up for FTW on Oct 21st still haven’t seen one, only waited for a month for the Kingpin. Signed up on Dec 16, bought Jan 22

· Banned
4,658 Posts
Yeah that makes sense. Tracker for either 3080, or 3090 would be impossible to maintain so really only works for the Kingpin.
Though surprised not many more jumped in the queue for the Kingpin, not like it’s that much more expensive then a FTW though I guess being hybrid scares most away but it really is the best value buy for the 3090’s. Sure it’s not binned this round but still the extra features are worth the added cost. Plus the lineup was way shorter. Signed up for FTW on Oct 21st still haven’t seen one, only waited for a month for the Kingpin. Signed up on Dec 16, bought Jan 22
When the 2080ti Kingpin was released, it took until 4:30pm the day of launch for the cards to sell out. On the resupply, it took several days for the second round of cards to sell out.
This time around, only the people who hit “auto notify” within the first 23 seconds secured a card at launch. At resupply (when you got yours) it looks like everyone who hit auto notify in the first 45 minutes has received their card. People will complain about KP availability, but this was a genuinely easy GPU to buy at launch, provided that you know how to follow instructions and are ready to hit “auto notify” when Jacob tweets the launch and resupply.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.