Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
overall which is better the dell 30in or the apple 30inch
im talking high resolution photography and crazy gaming both are nice both are expensive i needa professional opinion of pros and cons.. thanks

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
If you can live with 3 less inches I love my Viewsonic...depends on what you want the native resolution to be but if you're going to pick between the 2 I say go for the Dell, they make some damn good monitors, not that I'm dissing on the Apple cause in person that Apple is freaking awesome. I just done like the way it sits. I'd rather have the 90* flat in front becasue I think the Apple tilts a little bit

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
The Dell is 1900x1200 which is suitbile for anyone but the thing is most games now, well at least the ones i play dont support widescreen but more will in the future. Either way I say go for the Dell, just because it's cheaper and I dont really like the presence of the Apple (mainly casue it's silver). Thought both still look stellar in person, you can't go wrong with either, picture-wise

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dude the dells got a 2560x 1600 resolution just like the apple as for color i dont care i only care about performance and quality nothing else matters

·
Registered
59 Posts
Honestly, if I were you, id go with the Dell 24" LCD. It has PLENTY of real estate and the resolution will be sufficient for high-res gaming. The 30" LCDs have not been perfected for gaming quite yet. The 12ms response time with the 24" Dell is pretty good for a large LCD like that. Downside of a massive 30" display is that you'll practically burn your eyes out if you sit close (about 2 feet or a tiny less) to your moniter. Have you BEEN to the apple store and checked out the moniter? Haha. The apple moniter will only work with the dual link video cards. In conclusion, if i had to pick a 30" moniter, it would have to be the dell because of the compatability and the faster response time.

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
And I'd upgrade your video card if you want decent FPS at those extreme resolutions.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ah so the the dell is faster than the apple as for video cards ill get by far the most powerful out there so it doesnt matter

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ati x1900xtx sounds good enough since there took the perforamce crown back as far as i know

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Viewable Image Size 30 inches Diagonal Size 30 inches Display Type Active Matrix - TFT LCD Depth 7.87 inches Height 18.49 inches compressed
22 inches extended
Height Adjustability 90mm up or downSwivel 60° left and rightTilt 3° forward and 19° backwardWidth 27.26 inches Weight (no stand) 25.07 lbs. Weight (with stand) 35.24 lbs. Horizontal Viewing Angle ± 178° (typical) Vertical Viewing Angle ± 178° (typical) Color Support 16.7 million colors Contrast Ratio 700:1 Response Time 11 ms (grey-to-grey)
14 ms (black-to-black)
Brightness 400 cd/m2 Resolution 2560x1600 (max) Pixel Pitch (Dot Pitch) 0.250 mm Ports DVI-D (dual link) with HDCP
USB 2.0 (4)
9-in-2 Media Card Reader
Kensington security port
Power Consumption 147W to 177W (max) w/USB and sound bar
Less than 1W switched off

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hmmm those are the dell specs... how do you test fps i might want to try that with my exisiting setup

·
Registered
59 Posts
Since you're a Nvidia guy/girl, i would suggest waiting for the new 7900 card. Sli is more developed than crossfire if that is going to be the route you are taking.

-BumBum

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im not dedicated to nvidia i got a 6800 ultra and a x850xt in my other rig i just buy whatevers the best performing

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thx guys.. im gonna look for the program benchmark both of my rigs see what fps im getting gives me an idea of where im at.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
now i need to learn about playing digital audio on my system and knowing how to wathc dvd movies... i apologize ive been in the dark

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you need the best equip asap, then yeah, the ati would be sufficient. I dont know exactly how games at that res with all the settings on high would run, to be sure, and because apparently, you have no monetary limit, bust out some crossfire action with the ati. Be warned: i dont know the perf of the new Nvidia board, so i cant say which is going to be better.

-BumBum

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
400 or 700 contrast ratio which is better... dont mind me im frantic i got this itch to buy things

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ive been in the dark last 6 months working i got some time off and theres so much i want ot do and learn being i love this website im on it as much as i can be..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts