Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Honestly, if I were you, id go with the Dell 24" LCD. It has PLENTY of real estate and the resolution will be sufficient for high-res gaming. The 30" LCDs have not been perfected for gaming quite yet. The 12ms response time with the 24" Dell is pretty good for a large LCD like that. Downside of a massive 30" display is that you'll practically burn your eyes out if you sit close (about 2 feet or a tiny less) to your moniter. Have you BEEN to the apple store and checked out the moniter? Haha. The apple moniter will only work with the dual link video cards. In conclusion, if i had to pick a 30" moniter, it would have to be the dell because of the compatability and the faster response time.

· Registered
68 Posts
If you need the best equip asap, then yeah, the ati would be sufficient. I dont know exactly how games at that res with all the settings on high would run, to be sure, and because apparently, you have no monetary limit, bust out some crossfire action with the ati. Be warned: i dont know the perf of the new Nvidia board, so i cant say which is going to be better.

-BumBum

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.