Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at getting a 30in monitor. Please leave now if your going to say its a waste of money.

This is the list on Dell. I will not buy from Dell since there are better prices elsewhere.

My main concern is that there are multiple reviews saying that the monitor is "wobbly" from the weight of the panel. I know my 24in are a little but i was hoping someone could clarify this. I don't trust other reviewers when they don't compare it to another product.

Second. Of the 4 monitors, the cheaper two are S-PVA panels? and the $2k+ are IPS. Does anyone have one of the TN versions? How is the color uniformity across the screen?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mootsfox View Post
The 3007WFP-HC is $899.00 on Dell's Outlet.
Yeah, I saw that. It may be Core i7 vs 2 30in monitors...

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I was in the market a while back for some large resolution gaming and my choice, easily, was the 305T. One thing you will need to think about though is if you are going to be gaming on this/these beasts. A GPU upgrade might be in your future if you play any even slightly power hungry games.

But thats all down the road. =P

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Get the 3007WFP-HC. The panel quality is reportedly much better than the newer one.

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clinic View Post
I was in the market a while back for some large resolution gaming and my choice, easily, was the 305T. One thing you will need to think about though is if you are going to be gaming on this/these beasts. A GPU upgrade might be in your future if you play any even slightly power hungry games.

But thats all down the road. =P
Thanks. This is mostly used for graphic design and video editing. I don't game much but a 780i mobo is coming soon so I will be able to run SLI. I can play all my games on high on my 24in monitor without a problem right now...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mootsfox View Post
Mort, I thought you had three 24ers right now?
I had 3, then I sold one because 6 horizontal feet of monitors was a pain. It was difficult to move the mouse all the way across. (5760x1200)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mentholmoose View Post
Get the 3007WFP-HC. The panel quality is reportedly much better than the newer one.
Thanks, I will keep that in mind.

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone know about the stability of the monitor? There were quite a few reviews that said it wobbled a lot but they don't compare it to anything. I suppose that if I shake my desk the monitors will move. Should I expect something similar to my 24iners?

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by mortimersnerd
View Post

Anyone know about the stability of the monitor? There were quite a few reviews that said it wobbled a lot but they don't compare it to anything. I suppose that if I shake my desk the monitors will move. Should I expect something similar to my 24iners?

Bump....

·
Registered
497 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mootsfox
View Post

The 3007WFP-HC is $899.00 on Dell's Outlet.

You could get a Bigger LCD TV for less.

If I had the money, Id just go with an flat panel tv seriously. just my

·
15,777 Posts
Samsung Syncmaster 305T+ gets my vote

·
Premium Member
19,078 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dieanotherday View Post
OMG... get a TV instead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prracer6 View Post
You could get a Bigger LCD TV for less.

If I had the money, Id just go with an flat panel tv seriously. just my

I'd rather have a 2560x1600 30" panel over a 42" that does 1920x1200. I'm fairly sure the OP would too.

·
15,777 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clinic
View Post

There are no LCD TV's (that I know of) that offer more than 1080p (1920x1200) so for a little more money, you are getting a higher pixel density (i.e. sharper). A 30" would get my vote easily.

1080p isn't 1200... why do everyone mix this up????

• Rep+
Reactions: mortimersnerd

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clinic
View Post

There are no LCD TV's (that I know of) that offer more than 1080p (1920x1200) so for a little more money, you are getting a higher pixel density (i.e. sharper). A 30" would get my vote easily.

There are 4kx2k TVs...and this monitor, among others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieanotherday
View Post

OMG... get a TV instead.

Games don't like 16:9. Plus most TVs won't do DVI.

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mootsfox
View Post

I'd rather have a 2560x1600 30" panel over a 42" that does 1920x1200. I'm fairly sure the OP would too.

Exactly. I want this for multiple reasons: When editing full HD, I will be able to view the entire image along with a panel of tools. I will be able to edit 8MP images without being zoomed in so far. I'm not looking for an increase in size as much as a resolution increase.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guruboy
View Post

There are 4kx2k TVs...and this monitor, among others.

When are those becoming available in the US? For that price it may be worth it. But then again, do I really want to loose an inch off my current setup?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Yeah that 23 in. monitor is sexy, but if you look at the number of pixels (which is a very odd resolution btw), it's an insignificant increase from 1920x1200.

I want a 30 in. because it's literally four of my laptop's screens (15", 1280x800) o.o

From what I've read, my vote goes to this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824113013

HOLY CRAP IT'S DOWN TO $1,099!!!! I didn't notice! I hope it stays that low long enough for me to buy it o.o

Anyways my reasoning is mostly because of the connection options, and also it has a really cool PIP, where you can hook up a Bluray player or similar HDMI-output thing to it, and while you're on your desktop, you'll have the player display in a window! And you can scale it, make it partially transparent, drag it around, it looks awesome!

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...2192621,00.asp
(Scroll down a bit)

Do any of the other 30 inchers have that?

Anyways, for gaming it's not the best, and it's not the cheapest, but it looks like the best for multipurpose and functionality.

• Rep+
Reactions: mortimersnerd

·
15,777 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts