Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,372 Posts
My buddy is about to get a Job with Dell, if he does I'll be snagging his huge manager discount and getting a dell 30" LCD.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,078 Posts
I just got a 2408WFP for $280, it's possible to get a deal on them


I've been looking at the 3007 and 3008 as well as the Samsung 305T. I've seen the 305T for $650 on Newegg Open Box. It's happened a few times and usually sells out in a few hours.

There are rumors of a new series from Dell. They recently dropped the price of the 2408WFP and 3008WFP quite a bit, and the outlet 3007 and 3008.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,372 Posts
lol, I'll try. and it's "If" he gets the job, but he's worked for them before. So I'm thinking he might just get it.

and thats a STEAL moots.. where??

I need another 24. hopefully I can win Mman's freebie.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,372 Posts
cool, well ya. I'm waiting to hear from my friend. or that freebie.

If he gets the job. I'll be exited. as he gets solid discounts cuz he knows the manager of the consumer products department.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mootsfox View Post
I just got a 2408WFP for $280, it's possible to get a deal on them


I've been looking at the 3007 and 3008 as well as the Samsung 305T. I've seen the 305T for $650 on Newegg Open Box. It's happened a few times and usually sells out in a few hours.

There are rumors of a new series from Dell. They recently dropped the price of the 2408WFP and 3008WFP quite a bit, and the outlet 3007 and 3008.
Nice! I'll keep my eys peeled
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Heya, yea, I have the 3007WFP-HC. I've had the regular WFP for 2 1/2 years running, and it suddenly went crazy with dead/stuck pixels, so I got it RMA'ed, and I got the HC model back.

Pretty awesome. I also run two 2007WFP's, a cintiq21UX and a 2007FP for another comp. There are links to pics of my old setup from a year ago in my sig, I've moved since then so I'll put up new pic later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,721 Posts
Why bother with a 30" monitor.. just go get a nice big TV and save yourself some fundage.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,631 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Bear View Post
Why bother with a 30" monitor.. just go get a nice big TV and save yourself some fundage.
Resolution.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
651 Posts
OH OH, I DO!


I LOVE my XHD3000. It has sooooo many inputs in the back, for everything from cable (haven't tried it out yet, don't know if it has a TV tuner built in), to HDMI and component for PS3s and 360s and what have you. And the picture in picture modes are fantastic


$930 from J&R, plus you can get some cashback using Live Search. I got mine for $825 shipped off of Ebay
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,078 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by SSJ3 Mario Brothers
View Post

OH OH, I DO!


I LOVE my XHD3000. It has sooooo many inputs in the back, for everything from cable (haven't tried it out yet, don't know if it has a TV tuner built in), to HDMI and component for PS3s and 360s and what have you. And the picture in picture modes are fantastic


$930 from J&R, plus you can get some cashback using Live Search. I got mine for $825 shipped off of Ebay


It can take a signal through component or composite (or s-video) but there is no tuner built in. The only monitor I've seen with a ASTC tuner is the ToC series from Samsung, any of the models followed with "HD" (i.e. T240HD)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
651 Posts
Yeah. I'd just buy one, but I don't even watch TV xD The monitor comes with a nice remote too though


This monitor is so perfect for multitasking. Anyone who gets a thirty incher needs to get ATI's Hydravision (I dunno if there's an NVidia equivalent, but I'm sure there are similar applications that work for either), because it lets you split up the screen into sections, and you can auto-snap windows to the grid =o It's split into four sections of 1280x800 by default
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,292 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by xguntherc
View Post

My buddy is about to get a Job with Dell, if he does I'll be snagging his huge manager discount and getting a dell 30" LCD.


Just curious, what % is his discount?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,078 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by SSJ3 Mario Brothers
View Post

Yeah. I'd just buy one, but I don't even watch TV xD The monitor comes with a nice remote too though


This monitor is so perfect for multitasking. Anyone who gets a thirty incher needs to get ATI's Hydravision (I dunno if there's an NVidia equivalent, but I'm sure there are similar applications that work for either), because it lets you split up the screen into sections, and you can auto-snap windows to the grid =o It's split into four sections of 1280x800 by default


How did you get CCC to run under Vista 64bit?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
651 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Mootsfox
View Post

How did you get CCC to run under Vista 64bit?

Ummmm....installing the Vista 64 bit drivers? xD!!!

But I have actually been mainly using Windows 7 Beta lately
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Mootsfox
View Post

What do you use the Wacom for?

Quite a few things; if working, for drawing, design/touchups, for whiteboards in online conferences, layout for print design, you name it -- my girlfriend is also an artist, so we share it.

For laughs, I sometimes play RTS's like Supreme Commander on it XDD good fun, but I wouldn't in a serious game.

Quote:


Originally Posted by Mr Bear
View Post

Why bother with a 30" monitor.. just go get a nice big TV and save yourself some fundage.

You can't beat that resolution. For anything, the extra screen estate is incredibly useful or adds to the effect.

Playing Left 4 Dead at 2560x1600, and a surround sound system is breathtaking XD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,518 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by The Master Chief
View Post

Does anyone on OCN have one of these with the 2560x1600 res?

I really wanna save up and buy this

are u planning to play game on that res?
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top