Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
very impressive man... wish i had that good of an oc... i think i would have phase change too lol looks awesome though! great job

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Vcore? What is the maximum memory speed of your particular modules? Try to bring the divider up a bit, you're running it super-slow.

·
Registered
60 Posts
How can you have that temp ???

-22C and -8C

however somtime too cold may not good for your CPU !!!

....You did very nice job

·
Registered
434 Posts
Tranphuloc, I was thinking the same thing about his temperatures being unhealthy. I guess they're fine though since it's stable at 3 GHz.
He got those temperatures using phase change cooling by the way.

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
"too cold" is only bad if the CPU has a cold bug, or if it wasnt prepared enough or correctly for the cooling. Though I suppose there may be some temp that CPU's crap out, no ones reaced it yet.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burn

Vcore? What is the maximum memory speed of your particular modules? Try to bring the divider up a bit, you're running it super-slow.

Vcore-1.58

I can't bring the divider up anymore. On my mobo it jumps from 266 to 333 and then makes it unstable. Im just gonnahave to buy some ddr600 ram

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Cold bug = cold soder (im assuming, am i right?) something is not completely connected to something else and when the cpu heats up the alloy's expand completeing the electrical connection being that cold means that the proc could not heat up enough thus not function.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evolutionsentra

Vcore-1.58

I can't bring the divider up anymore. On my mobo it jumps from 266 to 333 and then makes it unstable. Im just gonnahave to buy some ddr600 ram

wow, what mobo you have? I can't seem to get stable 2.0 ghz lol oh well

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
nice chip and overclock...I want to see some bench numbers, superpi1M and such. You could sell that memory you have and get a good set for $150

·
Registered
434 Posts
You get a rep point for having the highest clocked 3200+ Venice I've seen, having it STABLE, AND providing a validation.

<3

But yea, for a CPU like that I'd definitely upgrade my RAM lol.

·
Banned
4,795 Posts
thats not a record, ncsa has his at 3.2 or 3.4 i think...and really the chip doesnt matter as long as the temps are right...you could have the crappiest cpu but i guarantee youd still get 3.0

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.