Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
You shouldn't. My Grandpa uses a 42" (yeah, you read that right, lol) as his monitor. He absolutely refuses to get glasses but sits less than a foot from a 42" TV/Monitor, lol.

On my now dead rig (DFI RS482 in sig) I had that hooked up to a TV and ran Amnesia @ 1080p with no problem at all. Using HDMI btw.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by *ka24e* View Post

You shouldn't. My Grandpa uses a 42" (yeah, you read that right, lol) as his monitor. He absolutely refuses to get glasses but sits less than a foot from a 42" TV/Monitor, lol.
On my now dead rig (DFI RS482 in sig) I had that hooked up to a 42" and ran Amnesia @ 1080p with no problem at all. Using HDMI btw.
:O bet that was scary.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I didn't play the entire game with it, tho I would have liked to. I was more curious to see if an EAH4670 could drive a big TV @ 1080p. I actually got upwards of 45fps.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the helpful info guys! Right now I'm currently just using it as my TV. But soon enough when I get the money I want put in on a wall mount right about my desk and main monitor. If u could see my room u would see how perferctly it fits there. Anyways Its not gonna be 10" from my face lol, more like 3 feet or so between me and my monitor and whatnot. Also the damn thing runs in 720p instead of 1080p, didnt have enough money to get the 1080 version
doh.gif

·
Registered
148 Posts
I got a cheap 32 inch LCD to use as my tv and secondary monitor so I could lie on the couch when I was playing certain games and watching movies. The only problem I've had is v-sync issues when I ran as cloned or extended display. When I run with only the tv, I get no issues and everything looks nice enough.

Oh and it's 1080p.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts