Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my friend's amd64 3500+ is still all whacky with his heat issue. This is my 3rd reseat/grease of the thing. The heat jumps around in both everest home edition and speed fan from 49C-94C. I really don't want damage to come to it, but it really doesn't seem liek it has. On the 2nd reseat, he used it for about 2weeks when it was doing the same temps and everything ran fine (cod2 for several hours at a time). Im almost thinking the sensor may be broke. This 3rd time I used Arctic Ceramique. Im waiting for it to cure, but it still does read those temps and every refresh it jumps around like mad. One thing though; just before I reseated it again, in bios, it read around 42C - but im not sure if that would be necessarly totally accurate since windows isnt running yet to stress it more. He has a Soltek mobo, dont have exact model name right with me, but will get it by tomarrow. Looked for drivers, but their site is so helpful :/ Also, cool'n'quiet is on. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
If the BIOS is reporting accurate temps, they are about 80% of the full load temps.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the curing part has already helped. I talked to my friend and right now its steady 44c idle so thats a big improvement at least. would like to try to get it lower, but it is only stock :/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts