Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running a 3570K on a stock cooler with Prolima PK-1 compound, overclocked to 4.2GHz and letting the mobo manage the voltage. Hitting a maximum of 86C and 1.14V after half an hour of Prime95. Are these numbers any good? I know Ivy runs hot, I'm just not sure how hot to let it go - I've heard different things.

·
sudo apt install sl
7,753 Posts
Those temperatures are great for a stock cooler! Just make sure they stay below 95C and you will be golden. You probably won't ever see those again if that is just Prime95.
thumb.gif

I just sold my 6700k rig and bought a new 3770K since the last one I killed by crushing the core after delidding
mad.gif

My current 3770K runs at 85C when running Prime95 and I am happy since it stays at 65C when gaming.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just don't go over 90 and you'll be just fine. I do suggest you get another cooler though.
And if you want better temps with the stock cooler, you could always try delidding, but be careful. You don't want to crush the core.
biggrin.gif

·
sudo apt install sl
7,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShamen View Post

Just don't go over 90 and you'll be just fine. I do suggest you get another cooler though.
And if you want better temps with the stock cooler, you could always try delidding, but be careful. You don't want to crush the core.
biggrin.gif
Haha it was good for 7 months with great temps. I bought the the ek on die screw kit. The 3770k's memory controller caused a error 55 when ever I placed ram in the A dimms.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts