Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so i overclocked my 3570k to 4.5, the vcore is at 1.248
It is all Stable but when i use prime 95 the Clock drops to 4499.97 and the vcore drops to 1.240
But this only happens when on FULL LOAD i stop priming and its normal 1.248 v at 4.500.02
i dont know why the voltage and clock drops if i put full load on prime 95 or AIDA64...........

When i am at full load the Clock varies from 4500.07 4499.99 4499.78 4500.26 4499.91....... and the vcore changes to 1.240 to 1.232 every 5-6 seconds ....
goes up and down
What could be the problem ?
1.248 at idle !

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,142 Posts
The voltage drop is what is known as "vDroop", and the clock variation looks normal too me too. I don't know if it has a name though (I've never heard of one).

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My mobo has a "Vdroop offset" and it has some percentages but i try to change it theres 16% 25% 50% 75% 100% and only 100% works but does nothing to the voltage if i try any other percentage is does not POST

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by george241312 View Post

My mobo has a "Vdroop offset" and it has some percentages but i try to change it theres 16% 25% 50% 75% 100% and only 100% works but does nothing to the voltage if i try any other percentage is does not POST
It's almost impossible to completely eliminate vDroop. The amount of vDroop you have is so small that it's almost safe to say that you have none (at least in a practical sense).
wink.gif

• Rep+
Reactions: george241312

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

It's almost impossible to completely eliminate vDroop. The amount of vDroop you have is so small that it's almost safe to say that you have none (at least in a practical sense).
wink.gif
Well lol Actually in BIOS i have set the vcore to 1.260 and it shows in like 1.248 idk if its alot of vdroop but its been bothering my mind ....

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,142 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

wink.gif
Well lol Actually in BIOS i have set the vcore to 1.260 and it shows in like 1.248 idk if its alot of vdroop but its been bothering my mind ....
Oh, that's vDrop. So the voltage at idle is the result of vDrop, and the voltage under load is the result of vDroop. Both are normal and are an intentional Intel design for the safety and longevity of the CPU (well, at least when place in a lower quality motherboard).

So yeah, it's all good.
smile.gif

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright thx
smile.gif

Hmm i payed $210 for my mobo its not high end but definitely not low quality its a MSI Z68A-GD65
military class II Components....... but IDK Im going to use another supplier for motherboards from now on could be i got a faulty board that doesn't like to OC

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,142 Posts
Quote:

alright thx
smile.gif

Hmm i payed $210 for my mobo its not high end but definitely not low quality its a MSI Z68A-GD65
military class II Components....... but IDK Im going to use another supplier for motherboards from now on could be i got a faulty board that doesn't like to OC
The vDrop is very low, and the vDroop is almost completely eliminated (very nice), and that clock variation is something I think almost everyone sees. Even I see it (not that I'm anything special, but still you're not alone).

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Does RealTemp show the MHz wandering around when the CPU is fully loaded? Do the total MHz vary by +/- 0.01 MHz? Probably not.

The MHz wander you see in CPU-Z is simply showing you some random error when it measures the BCLK. The recent versions of CPU-Z are much improved. Download CPU-Z 1.59 and you will see a lot more of this BCLK error. It has nothing to do with the true speed your CPU is running at so don't worry about it.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,142 Posts
Quote:

it has a vdroop offset setting only the 100% works anything lower it wont post
I think that if you wanted it to work with a lower vDroop Offset, then you'd have to increase the core voltage in order to compensate. It may be just barely enough.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,142 Posts
Quote:

well whatever its working fine so no biggie
That's what I'm thinking.
smile.gif

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.