Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My MSI P67A-GD65's ethernet controller no longer works. I sent in an RMA but it might take too long for my taste and I might just end up ordering a new motherboard. So, any good choices for a combo 3570k + new motherboard?

I am not near a micro center.

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
So do you need a motherboard under $300, or 3570K+motherboard ($80 for a board)?

·
Registered
586 Posts
ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 works great for me.
smile.gif

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeXel View Post

So do you need a motherboard under $300, or 3570K+motherboard ($80 for a board)?
Mobo + cpu for 300...

People actually pay $300 for motherboards....?

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
Or even more...

It's really hard to buy anything good for $80. I mean if you are going to get GD65 back, and use it for 3570K, and the new board for i3 that's possible.

So let's see. You can probably get Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H or ASRock Z77 Extreme4 on sale. Or ASRock Z77 Pro for budget solution.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My ASrock Fatal1ty Z77 is the most satisfied I have been with on a board to date.

My 2500k on my older MSI P67 GD65 which at the timee was hardocps best ooc board would only manage to get to 4.8. I bought the ASrock and got it to 5.0 with identical settings.

My 3770k does 5.1 @1.415v on it as well.
Not to mention triple slot pcie lanes to give you some breathing room. Pkenty of sata and usb ports. The board is loaded with goodies. And if it matters supports up to 2800 ram.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

·
Premium Member
15,255 Posts
i take it you bought a K CPU becuse you want to overclock, right. As DeXel said unless you find some deals your not going to get anything that decent for overclocking. maybe if you find a great deal on the CPU or even a used one in the marketplace will add to your mobo budget. even vice cersa and find a nice mobo in the marketplace here. if you can raise your budget to $350 would be nice
wink.gif

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post

My ASrock Fatal1ty Z77 is the most satisfied I have been with on a board to date.

My 2500k on my older MSI P67 GD65 which at the timee was hardocps best ooc board would only manage to get to 4.8. I bought the ASrock and got it to 5.0 with identical settings.

Not to mention triple slot pcie lanes to give you some breathing room. Pkenty of sata and usb ports. The board is loaded with goodies. And if it matters supports up to 2800 ram.

You want to check this. Your actual voltage is much higher. Probably near 1.5v.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post

You want to check this. Your actual voltage is much higher. Probably near 1.5v.
Its not at 1.5. And that issue is on the extreme series not fatal1ty.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Cant seem to edit from phone. But my temps are also idle 24-30c. Load is around 50-60c. That wouldnt be the case at 1.5v.

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
double

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
You didn't read the entire thread. It affects all ASRock Z77 boards using intersil PWM which your board does. It's been only confirmed on Extreme4 and 6 so far though, so you want to double check.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Quote:

You didn't read the entire thread. It affects all ASRock Z77 boards using intersil PWM which your board does. It's been only confirmed on Extreme4 and 6 so far though, so you want to double check.
I will. But I doubt i would see those temps at 1.5v. And I have 1.5v and it certainly wasnt 1.6v temps. I appreciate the heads up though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts