Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must be lucky, I have had my 360 for like 3 years now and never had a lick of trouble...

All sorts of my friends and people on LIVE are bit****g about the RRODs. I have never had one.

Things I have never had
  1. RROD
  2. Eat one of my disks
  3. Stop working
Why is it that mine has lasted this long without any problems?

Suppose I should be happy nothing has happened. My GF's one broke on her, her brother (who is a video game developer, its awesome!) has gone through 4. I mean wow. *knocks on wood*

·
Registered
630 Posts
maybe made only one good first revision 360 and you own it. mine has been going strong for a while now and i have it on 6+ hours, and is fairly cool to the touch.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by punguy
View Post

maybe u havent tried covering with blanket and leaving on for 12 hrs.

Why in the hell would I do that.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Master Chief
View Post

Why in the hell would I do that.

It's a way to get rid of RROD. The truth is, all the problems you have never had are caused by overheating. You probably have it vented well

And if your friends on LIVE are so concerned about getting a RROD, tell them to go buy the WC system that can be attached. Tell them to research it first though as I believe they have to take apart the system a little

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
The only problem I have with my 360 is the dvd drive, its very loud, but then again so it my PC's drive. I think I just have bad luck when it comes to that department.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
I'm currently borrowing an XBOX off a friend of mine. I'm a little afraid to use it too much, in case it RROD's and i have to explain to her what happened, and that it was no fault of mine that it went kaput.

That and, i can't find anygames good enough for it.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nathris
View Post

The only problem I have with my 360 is the dvd drive, its very loud, but then again so it my PC's drive. I think I just have bad luck when it comes to that department.

well then your 360 doesn't have the BenQ drive in it, it's the one with no notches in the tray, and is fairly quiet. the BenQ is in all 360s from the March falcons, up to the most recently manufactured 360s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts