Overclock.net banner

364.72 Bricked one of my 980TI's

2K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  bigkahuna360 
#1 ·
Warning.

This driver broke one of my 980ti's no matter what it artifacts.

I can't even boot up with said 980ti unless i completely uninstall the driver and when I do it boots up to green lines everywhere although everything works.

I had this type of artifacts 10seconds before the GPU died. It was at 80c when it died playing a game.

https://gyazo.com/1540d597dff6c7a41fb57b522ac970d6

this is what it does now if booted with no driver.

https://gyazo.com/b170ad4aaac8ac4ba4b64cf0f5f608a0

sadface :/ I guess i need to RMA with MSI now. Never done an RMA with them before.

#3 ·
#4 ·
#6 ·
#8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velathawen View Post

Flashed my 980Ti and 970M on my laptop to these drivers before seeing these posts, seems to be fine thus far.
Same. No issues with my 970M (other than standard bluescreens from Windows 10 TDR crashes) and my SLI 980 Ti's.

I had that blocky looking issue before on my 680 and I narrowed it down to the DVI cable I was using, must've been dirty because it still works fine.

I'm assuming you ran DDU and everything?

#9 ·
I had a similar issue with this driver as well. Did a clean install with DDU and my system would crash with the green lines all over my screen and wouldn't let me log into my desktop without it freezing and showing those lines before the freeze. I had to do a system restore to a previous day, use DDU and roll back to previous drivers.

#10 ·
No problems with my GTX980 strix with 364.72, works perfectly fine.
thumb.gif

#11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toan View Post

I had a similar issue with this driver as well. Did a clean install with DDU and my system would crash with the green lines all over my screen and wouldn't let me log into my desktop without it freezing and showing those lines before the freeze. I had to do a system restore to a previous day, use DDU and roll back to previous drivers.
was it the exact same as these green lines? I could install another copy of windows 10 on a seperate hard drive. I already tried DDU though and that didn't fix it.

the green lines don't happen in safe mode

#13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by renji1337 View Post

Warning.

This driver broke one of my 980ti's no matter what it artifacts.

I can't even boot up with said 980ti unless i completely uninstall the driver and when I do it boots up to green lines everywhere although everything works.

I had this type of artifacts 10seconds before the GPU died. It was at 80c when it died playing a game.

https://gyazo.com/1540d597dff6c7a41fb57b522ac970d6

this is what it does now if booted with no driver.

https://gyazo.com/b170ad4aaac8ac4ba4b64cf0f5f608a0

sadface :/ I guess i need to RMA with MSI now. Never done an RMA with them before.
MSI has great customer support from my experience

#14 ·
heh. nothing wrong with my 980 ti on these drivers. i've been video editing, gaming... tons of stuff with no issues.

#15 ·
#21 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkahuna360 View Post

Same. No issues with my 970M (other than standard bluescreens from Windows 10 TDR crashes) and my SLI 980 Ti's.

I had that blocky looking issue before on my 680 and I narrowed it down to the DVI cable I was using, must've been dirty because it still works fine.

Not even, just clicking clean install each time.
biggrin.gif

#22 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velathawen View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkahuna360 View Post

Not even, just clicking clean install each time.
biggrin.gif
I should have specified, the question was to OP.
redface.gif

Hell, when flashing BIOS', I don't even reinstall drivers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.