Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a 37" LCD today nad have a hdmi cable with it for my xbox 360. but doesn't seem quite right. it the picture on the games look quite jagged, almost like it needs most anti-aliasing if you know what i mean. i have it set on 1080i. would it be better to use component for my xbox. as i remember it yeilding a better pciture. but that was on a 42" plasma.

what are your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
7,955 Posts
Unless your TV supports 1080p, you should use 720p. 1080i is crap... Also, some, if not most games do not have AA on consoles simply because they would play to slow (I have a 1080p 32" TV, and it is jaggy with consoles, because consoles are not as powerful as computers).

Anyways, just remove the 1080i and go to 720p, and see what happens...

·
Premium Member
5,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanWillis
View Post

got a 37" LCD today nad have a hdmi cable with it for my xbox 360. but doesn't seem quite right. it the picture on the games look quite jagged, almost like it needs most anti-aliasing if you know what i mean. i have it set on 1080i. would it be better to use component for my xbox. as i remember it yeilding a better pciture. but that was on a 42" plasma.

what are your thoughts?

1080i sucks, just run it at 720p and if it still looks bad then post the exact model number of your tv and/or a link to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazman1
View Post

i get the same thing with my Samsung T240
The 360's graphics just suck. It can't render true hi def it just resizes the image.

the graphics on the 360 don't suck, they looks great on my samsung 2693hm, just run it at 720p since there are no games that run at true 1080p all they do is up-scale the image.

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have put it into 720p but has changed virtually nothing, my feelings is its the hdmi cables fault. ill try component tomorrow. see what happens then, any other thoughts?

·
Premium Member
7,955 Posts
Trust me, it is either the TV or the Xbox 360's fault (I would bet on the 360). You would notice if the HDMI was bad, because either the picture would be distorted, or odd colours, or you would not get a picture at all. I don't think that changing the cable to component will make any difference here, it is just how the Xbox 360 runs games.

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm, i see your point, well all i can do is try. quite dissapointed really cos the image is supossed to be better than my standard definition tv. and its just annoying with the jagged lines.

ill try component and let you know what happens. if that don't worj then i shall try a different xbox.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Another option you may have, that I have seen people have luck with 360's is using the VGA cable on their TV.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts