Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How well do these overclock? Are they as good as the CABxE? I was hoping for CABxE but i got this instead, seems i got one of the older ones, because newegg has been shipping the cab.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've also got the KAB2E..haven't tried oc'ing yet though so I'm not sure how far it will go..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would like to hear from some more people. Thanks for your input wax, I guess we have one of the better steppings, but its not quite as good as the KAB3E which is shipping out now from a few other retailers besides newegg.

·
Premium Member
6,588 Posts
I've got mine right now on stock cooling at 2.39 Ghz. Cpu at 239 with the htt multi at 10. My Vcore only increased a little to 1.45 and so far no problems at all. I've had it up to 2.44 Ghz but the temps started getting a little too hot on full load so I brought it back down. I've heard some people getting theirs to almost 2.6 stock, but I guess it also depends on what type of mobo you have. Let me know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLegend

I've got mine right now on stock cooling at 2.39 Ghz. Cpu at 239 with the htt multi at 10. My Vcore only increased a little to 1.45 and so far no problems at all. I've had it up to 2.44 Ghz but the temps started getting a little too hot on full load so I brought it back down. I've heard some people getting theirs to almost 2.6 stock, but I guess it also depends on what type of mobo you have. Let me know how it goes.

Your temps increased without increasing the voltage??

·
Banned
218 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DutchBoy

i got a SH-E4 in my compaq (yeh i know) is that any good?

lol on a compass computer, well still at least it has a good processor, anyways I gotta wait for UPS to hurry up with my shipment so I can start building. I know WAX used DFI but I am using the Asus A8n32 so I wanna see some comparrasion between the two boards

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess these are descent chips. Im concerned though about my week the 48 isnt really documented anywhere. Seems I got one of the last 2E's before 3.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well for what its worth im at 2805 255X11 , with my KAB2E with out any volts. Im gunna keep going , but im pretty sure the voltage will have to be upped soon . Rukkee

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by skizzdawg

How can you tell if you have a kab2e or a kab3e or whatever stepping your cpu has. i have a amd 64 3700 sandy revE.

The only way to find out is to remove the FHS and read it on the CPU's IHS (metal cover).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.