Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now i have a 3200 venice core, no oc with stock cooler and the original thermal pad...it runs idle 27-29 and load 38 or so...never seen it go above 40 so i really love the temps im gettin with it. Now im doing another build and want to get the 3700 san diego core, these have 1mb L2 cache right?..also how cool do these run...will i get around the same temps as my venice??

·
Premium Member
13,775 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by waqasr

Right now i have a 3200 venice core, no oc with stock cooler and the original thermal pad...it runs idle 27-29 and load 38 or so...never seen it go above 40 so i really love the temps im gettin with it. Now im doing another build and want to get the 3700 san diego core, these have 1mb L2 cache right?..also how cool do these run...will i get around the same temps as my venice??

Yes, the Sandy's have 1MB on the L2 cache.

Temp wise, I know they are warmer when overclocking, but at stock to stock, there wont be a big difference.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
My 3700 SD typicaly idles around 30c and loads up to 38c, this is with it clocked to 2.6, 260x10. One thing to keep in mind is your ambient room temps will be a factor in your cpu temps.

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

My 3700 SD typicaly idles around 30c and loads up to 38c, this is with it clocked to 2.6, 260x10. One thing to keep in mind is your ambient room temps will be a factor in your cpu temps.

Woah thats ocd and its running that cool...is that on stock cooling??, but yea i live in london and we have ****ty weather here....and its always cold where i live and for some reason my room is the coldest in the house so i guess that better for my pc..well thanks for the reply

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Quote:

Woah thats ocd and its running that cool...is that on stock cooling??, but yea i live in london and we have ****ty weather here....and its always cold where i live and for some reason my room is the coldest in the house so i guess that better for my pc..well thanks for the reply

I am using the stock heatsink but I have a 80mm fan "zip tied" to it. lol. But it works well.

·
Premium Member
13,775 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lonnie5000

I am using the stock heatsink but I have a 80mm fan "zip tied" to it. lol. But it works well.

Get the Big Typhonn or XP-120. They's is purdy good

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Quote:

Get rid of the thermal pad, then reapply with as5 that will get you 1 to 2c. more drop in temps.

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Get rid of the thermal pad, then reapply with as5 that will get you 1 to 2c. more drop in temps.

yea im planning on doing that but im goin to get the TT blue orb 2 soon so ill use the AS5 then....and please dont tell me to get the bit typhoon...i no its the best thing since sliced bread but ive got my mind set on the blue orb 2...but i love the zip tie idea..so..original..lol, might try it myself actualy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.