Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to know what everyone's running for voltage and how high they've OCed to w/ the 3700SD.

I'm at 1.45V in Bios, and 1.47 on CPUZ and PC Probe, whatever the correct voltage is, she's stable at 2.625, I hope ... (running torture test now).

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Best I've done so far till I get my Big Typhoon on
1.41vcore (in CPU-z)(1.425 in bios) @ 2.915ghz

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
my opty 148 (which would be similar) is at 2.75 on 1.4125v

·
Banned
218 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxima

You suppose lowering my voltage will help me any?

if your talking about lowering temps yes, but if you want to overclock more then probably not.

anyways I think I am at 1.47V @ 2.9Ghz

EDIT: 1.46V to be exact

·
Registered
373 Posts
Mine is stable right now @ 2.76 with stock cooling and I have it Running on Auto Voltage which I believe stays right around 1.45.

I have no problems with these settings I idle at 40c and get to 57c under extreame load normally gaming its around 53 after 2 or 3 hours.

I will get a new heatsink and fan or try Watercooling so I can take it to 3Ghz soon but I am impressed with how far the stock has taken me.

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
I use the big typhoon, and have the IHS removed(Warning DANGEROUS).
I also have BH-5 Ram which enables me to use high memory voltage (3.6)

You have to be able to run high memory voltage to run your V-Core above 1.6 without increasing the chances of destroying you memory controllers on the chip. (And you may do so anyway, No gaurantees)

I run my V-Core at 1.7 24/7 - (I don't recommend this as it can kill your CPU)

As always don't let your Core temp go over 51c on load!!

·
Banned
218 Posts
hey something interesting I learned in physics sorry if its off topic but it might be able to relate a little bit about this thread,

"The higher the voltage is, the faster the current moves through the wire"

I think this would be the same for a processor.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxima

Sweet .. what are your idle and load temps? The big T is the way to go, wish they made the fan better looking.

Idle temps around 38c and load 48c

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm at 2.706ghz @ 1.45v with the stock cooler...any higher than this and occt tells me there is cpu errors but the temps are still well within spec at 2.75+...any suggestions on getting hihger without raising voltage?

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
I have a KABGE stepping. On my old EPOX board it would run 2.6 @ 1.43 vcore. On this DFI board I run 2.64 @ 1.5 vcore.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchc05

I'm at 2.706ghz @ 1.45v with the stock cooler...any higher than this and occt tells me there is cpu errors but the temps are still well within spec at 2.75+...any suggestions on getting hihger without raising voltage?

I think mine just has a sweet spot at that voltage. I have to increase vcore 1.5v just to get stable at 3.0ghz

·
Registered
586 Posts
2.951 @ 1.52

watch the temp tho if you go over 1.5 on stock cooling, you really need to have excellent case circulation if you're going to pull that off.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobuk

my 3700+ has booted at 3.21Ghz, 1.55v (max of my motherboard)

i run 1.5125v for 3Ghz 24/7

Which stepping u got Tobuk , thats one good chip for such low volts @ 3ghz+ , NICE.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts