Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so i got to test my delided 3770k today and not sure what to think of these temps, Im using mx-2 on the die and IHS. Im somewhat debating if i would be worth ordering coollaboratory liquid ultra for around $18 over my stash of mx-2.
redface.gif


On full gpu load and 3770k (stock) on load im getting around 55-60c, In prime95 cpu is around 50-55c

Overclocked to 4.5 [email protected] Prime temps are around 60-62c

Thoughts?
tongue.gif


Thanks for the help!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,819 Posts
great temps my non delidded chip is 20c more at the same clocks and voltages , man in all honesty was the delidding process hard to do ? i'm on the fence here and debating to do it or not , can't make up my mind !
redface.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
phew, good to hear i didnt test it before the delid so i was not sure on what the initial temps would be (kinda thought it was a bit high).

But the delid process was not to difficult actually, my GF says i tend to be accident prone so i just took my time and did it slowly (took about an hour with clean up) but everything worked out fine
biggrin.gif
to make sure i didnt nick the pcb i angled the blade up a few degrees towards the IHS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNytAftr View Post

phew, good to hear i didnt test it before the delid so i was not sure on what the initial temps would be (kinda thought it was a bit high).

But the delid process was not to difficult actually, my GF says i tend to be accident prone so i just took my time and did it slowly (took about an hour with clean up) but everything worked out fine
biggrin.gif
to make sure i didnt nick the pcb i angled the blade up a few degrees towards the IHS.
aha i see what tim did you use ?

you are temps are nothing to worry about by the way....

you could try for 4.6 or even 4.8 but personally i would just stop @ 4.6
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: DNytAftr

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,593 Posts
If you are 24 hour prime95 stable at only 1.3v for 4.5ghz that's pretty good in my book. If I were you I'd definitely try to shoot for higher, you might have a great chip there. No sense in delidding if you are only going to run less than 4.8ghz anyways.

Currently pushing 4.9 on my i7 after delidding, I'm pretty sure this chip is good enough to do it on reasonable voltages. Hoping it can do 5ghz under 1.55v too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, Reps
Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible20xx View Post

aha i see what tim did you use ?

you are temps are nothing to worry about by the way....

you could try for 4.6 or even 4.8 but personally i would just stop @ 4.6
Currently im using Arctic cooling MX-2, might just continue using that until i do a motherboard swap
biggrin.gif
, Gah but not really sure were i want to OC it to. As long as my temps dont exceed 70c im satisfied
tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial View Post

If you are 24 hour prime95 stable at only 1.3v for 4.5ghz that's pretty good in my book. If I were you I'd definitely try to shoot for higher, you might have a great chip there. No sense in delidding if you are only going to run less than 4.8ghz anyways.

Currently pushing 4.9 on my i7 after delidding, I'm pretty sure this chip is good enough to do it on reasonable voltages. Hoping it can do 5ghz under 1.55v too.
good to know
smile.gif
I was only able to do prime for a few hours yesterday but going to run it for the day, currently @1.28v with no issues, hopefully it stays that way
redface.gif
knock on ikea wood

hmmmm...whats kinda the average voltage for a 4.8-5ghz OC on ivy? From what ive heard the max safe voltage is around 1.5-1.55v, something like that.. >_< . For now prob going to keep it at 4.5ghz since i have a dead ram slot on this board, but when i get a replacement i may try for higher
tongue.gif
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top