Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there was any way to use my motherboard features to overclock my 3820? Also if it would be safe with my cooling options. I have about 7 fans on my computer and a Thermaltake Frio Overclock CPU fan (not overclock king version) with fans on both side. My temps are below. This is stock, and my computer has been running all day so usually the CPU is around lowest 27c - Highest 34c.

I know, I know there is a massive forum for overclocking a 3820 but maybe that's why it's daunting to read it all. I dont want to be surfing through 90 pages to overclock unless I have to. Heck I only wanna overclock it to like 4.2 or something good, low, stable, and "safe" to keep it running nice and long. Also I have a sabertooth X79 so is there any way to use my motherboard since it has so many options on it to overclock it? I see BCLK stuff, Overclock buttons, just a bunch of stuff that means nothing to me since I'm new to all this but I figured it would be able to help me overclock it?

Thoughts? - Thanks!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Here's this... if you need it. I have no idea what it means but I saw the word "volt" on the 3820 thread so I thought I might need to post it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts