Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now i've been able to drop my CPU (INTEL AIR COOLING) to 38C/100F, i was wondering if any did it with intel air, i mean 38c on air for prescott is pretty good. so just post it here if you got below me with air

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Thats good for stock cooling. Which intel fan model is it??
I don't know why, but the idiots at intel knew the Prescotts would be hotter, yet they put on a 60mm fan at 3000RPM only pushing 30CFM and the heatsink has more fins closer together! Those heatsinks really blow now!
On the other hand theres still the rare Northwood heatsinks. They have a 80mm fan pushing 60CFM at 2600RPM over a bigger aluminium HS with 7 fins spread apart nicely. Now that one gets better cooling for sure!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey122687

Now i've been able to drop my CPU (INTEL AIR COOLING) to 38C/100F, i was wondering if any did it with intel air, i mean 38c on air for prescott is pretty good. so just post it here if you got below me with air

Thats seriously impressive !
I am running a pressie on my system, a 3.2 @ 3.6, and it idles at 41 (not too bad) but under load ([email protected]) it rockets up to 60 - 61 almost immedeatly ... Zalman 6500 with the huge fan above it, and 4 case fans ... dont think its an airflow issue .. lol

Are you using a Zalman (as your spec sheet says) ?? What compound are you using ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
i dont know how you guys do it. my 3ghz prescott idles at 52-55 C and under load peaks at 67 C with stock cooling. i do have it oc to 3.3 but it didn't change the tmep but like a degree. plz share the secret.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts