I'd pick the Toshiba.
Same performance
Cheaper
Lower rate of failure than Lenovo.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you guys heard of any problems with Intel HD Graphics drivers with hd video hardware acceleration ? or anything else ?

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump

·
Registered
953 Posts
I say go with the Intel graphics - are you going to be gaming on it anyway? It can do hd content ...

·
Banned
1,718 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr soft View Post
I´d also go for the Toshiba , they are solid builds.
The 4250 on board has 256mb dedicated .

Good to see they are coming down in price.

I agree,that Toshiba is a awesome deal for a budget laptop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IBuyJunk View Post
I say go with the Intel graphics - are you going to be gaming on it anyway? It can do hd content ...
You'd take the intel graphics over a more capable ATI chip?

The ATI will do 1080P as well,with better quality,and can game at settings other than low.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Toshiba does have a more established record of reliability than the relatively new "Essential" (G) series from Lenovo. Having used the G560, though, I gotta say I was surprised by the solid build quality and excellent keyboard (seriously one of the best keyboards I've used in a notebook). It's actually a really nice laptop that looks and feels more expensive than it is.

edit: The G560 I used was a newer one, though, and I think there were some exterior changes made in the refresh. More aluminum.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I'd go with the Toshiba, plus it has DDR3 and can be expanded up to 8GB's. Also, Lenovo makes really good laptops as well, but...It's still a Pentium, a newer Pentium yes, but when people ask you what you're sportin in that thing, would you rather say "A Dual Core Athlon II with an ATI 4250" or "a P.O.S. Pentium with integrated graphics" I would say go for the Toshiba, they are good quality laptops first of all, and second, if you wanted to, you could run SC2 or some other modern games for some gaming on the go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts