Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

i got some apalling scores on 3dmark... here are they:

specs in sig, gfx card at stock 250 core 400 mem.

3dMark2001SE:
1st run: 1532
2nd run: 1644 w/ some mods in options, no ocing though

3dMark03:
289 with nothing applied, all stock speeds..

anyone know what i can do to achieve higher scores?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,430 Posts
buy a faster computer, particularly a better graphics card...

still, those scores do seem a bit low for a FX5200, but then again, that is the complete bottom end of modern graphics cards
I score over 21,000 in 3DMark01SE with my 9700 Pro overclocked to 375/351
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:


Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

buy a faster computer, particularly a better graphics card...

still, those scores do seem a bit low for a FX5200, but then again, that is the complete bottom end of modern graphics cards
I score over 21,000 in 3DMark01SE with my 9700 Pro overclocked to 375/351

thanks, that made me feel good...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,953 Posts
What drivers are you using ATV? Do you also have all the latest chipset drivers/agp drivers if needed? Did you make sure to turn all video card settings to high performance? Turn off AA/AF, set vsync to off, set your monitor refresh rate to 60hz, turn off all other computer processes including internet connection. It looks like people are having the best results with the 52.16 drivers for the FX5200.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:


Originally Posted by Lando95

What drivers are you using ATV? Do you also have all the latest chipset drivers/agp drivers if needed? Did you make sure to turn all video card settings to high performance? Turn off AA/AF, set vsync to off, set your monitor refresh rate to 60hz, turn off all other computer processes including internet connection. It looks like people are having the best results with the 52.16 drivers for the FX5200.

thanks lando, do you know if the v1.5672a omega drivers work good?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,606 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

buy a faster computer, particularly a better graphics card...

still, those scores do seem a bit low for a FX5200, but then again, that is the complete bottom end of modern graphics cards
I score over 21,000 in 3DMark01SE with my 9700 Pro overclocked to 375/351

if youre getting 21000 with your system, i think i have a problem if im getting 19500 with a 3.2 northwood and 9800xt oced to 475/372...what the heck
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
101 Posts
sorry dude but serioussly get a better grapics card such as a 5900XT and softmod to a 5950 Ultra and add a fan in ur comp with a betta power supply. try a VGA silencer and overclock speeds after u get a VGA silencer to about 45 MHZ over the 1 rght now. ASk someone else before u do it. Im not sure
REP ME IF I HELPED!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
MY 3dMark Scores are pretty abysmal (as in only 17k on 2001SE) as welll, however I changed my mobo drivers, and my display drivers (Went to 66.77) and im going to defrag before I ask anyone about it. We shall see.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
holy crap! i seem to have some serious development going on here. i got 5676 3dMarks with 3Dmark2001. i wonder why i got such great scores.... does anyone know how much better i can achieve if i overclock the gpu and mem? because these are all stock speeds.

got the futuremark website up and running, here's a link to let you guys know exactly what i'm running. http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8241066
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,953 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by atvkid1090

thanks lando, do you know if the v1.5672a omega drivers work good?

Yeah, those are pretty good drivers, but they are designed for quality, not performance. I would stick with the Nvidia ones if I were you.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:


Originally Posted by Lando95

Yeah, those are pretty good drivers, but they are designed for quality, not performance. I would stick with the Nvidia ones if I were you.

thanks lando, attached is the aquamark score i got. idk if it's any good, lemme know
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,953 Posts
^^ Not too shabby from a 5200. Is that with the newer drivers?
 

·
Overclockiit
Joined
·
3,418 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by atvkid1090

Hey,

i got some apalling scores on 3dmark... here are they:

specs in sig, gfx card at stock 250 core 400 mem.

3dMark2001SE:
1st run: 1532
2nd run: 1644 w/ some mods in options, no ocing though

3dMark03:
289 with nothing applied, all stock speeds..

anyone know what i can do to achieve higher scores?

Well personally i wouldnt dwell on benchmark scores, I think they are over rated just my opinion, i say that because running benchmarks with my 9800XT my scores are not all that great but when im playing my games it runs them very nicely on equal quality settings.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:


Originally Posted by Lando95

^^ Not too shabby from a 5200. Is that with the newer drivers?

No, they aren't. they were signed/released on 7/28/03... i'm downloading the latest drivers now, i'll aquamark them and 3dmark them soon after they install and post about it. thanks lando
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top