Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am trying to get into CAD, and 3D modeling. Does anybody know of any good programs for this? Preferably free ones (doesn't have to be). I would also like it if they were reletivly easy to use.

Also, If you could find any good character modeling programs that are free, or not too expensive, and are easy to use, I would appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kagaos

Hi, I am trying to get into CAD, and 3D modeling. Does anybody know of any good programs for this? Preferably free ones (doesn't have to be). I would also like it if they were reletivly easy to use.

The best program to start out on CAD is AutoCAD.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...112&id=5586560

This is a 30 day trial which should be good for an intro. You can maybe find an older version, or a student edition for cheap. Most proffesional CAD software bundles are 1,200$ +. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
yeah another one that's a lil easier to use than autocad is autodesk inventor..but like metalman said....like 1500 bucks

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
when u say cheap, do u mean cheap in realative terms? or cheap for modeling software?lol theres a huge difference between the two!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm are there any FREE tutorials on how to use these at all? Or do you know a thing or two about them, so you could help me?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts